Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live help please!

• 26-10-2004 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

I have eircom broadband, a xbox and the xbox starter kit. My xbox isnt picking up the signal from the modem. I thought it was my xbox but i got a lend of my friends and the same thing is happening. When i try set up a new account it just says it doesnt find a signal/connection. Has anybody got any ideas as what the problem is?

Thanks for any help/advice,
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

plug the lan cable into your pc.
    if the pc doesnt detect it, the lan port on the router might be faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Im using an ethernet cable from my broadband modem to the port on the xbox and its not wroking, so are you saying to try connect the ethernet cable to my pc? sorry for sounding like a dumbass :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Make sure u r not using cross-link cable but a normal ethernet cable. Other that that, check the phone line is correctly connected to the filter and so on. To be sure, can you check if you are able to surf the internet if you have the modem connected to your PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

thats it yeah :)
    unplug your usb cable from the pc and run the ethernet into the pc
    the pc should automatically detect a new lan
    the little monitors in the task bar saying local are cable unplugged will light up.

if that doesnt happen get onto eircom :rolleyes:
    and prepare for some fun..
    just do whatever troubleshooting they ask you and get references for each call ,
    if thats possible ............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

mart_max wrote:
    Make sure u r not using cross-link cable but a normal ethernet cable. Other that that, check the phone line is correctly connected to the filter and so on. To be sure, can you check if you are able to surf the internet if you have the modem connected to your PC?

Im using the ethernet cable i got with my broadband modem. The modem is connected to the pc and its working fine!

Thanks for that chalk, will try it later. It driving me mad cos i have had the starter kit for a month and its still not working :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Also check your xbox settings. Just check that DNS, IP address, etc are as required.

Advertisement