Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountant / Book Keeping Rates

Options
  • 26-10-2004 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I have started a new business. I will be requiring an accountant/bookkeeper to look after the book side of the business.

Work that is involved will be all done on computer packages, invoice inputting, VAT rec, payroll and bank rec. I would say this will involve one days work.

Do accountants/bookkeepers charge a daily or hourly rate? Anyone have any idea what these rates are?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Well it depends on where you get the service from and how much work that has to be done. What accounting package are you considering to use?

If it's one day work, why don't you do the accounts yourself? If you are not familiar with accounting, ask around and somebody should be able to help.

If it is a sole trader account, it should be simple enough to do keep records on excel sheet. To be honest, I have seen some medium size companies also keep their records on excel sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

There are companies who will send you out an "Accounts technician" on a needs be basis... once a week to just do everything that is needed in that day and year end stuff etc.

This can cost ~€1,600 inc. VAT per month for 1 day a week.

Advertisement