Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg Consultation (Interconnection Markets) May Freeze or Reduce FRIACO services.

Options
  • 26-10-2004 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

I declare to God that these are getting longer and longer and longer. This one weighs in at 160 pages, another record . Do remember that this consultation also affects the VoIP ranges announced last week because a badly costed interconnect regime could strangle it at birth.

The Doc (1MB Zipped 3Mb PDF Unzipped) is Here . There are 112 questions.

I suggest that some people should start with the schematics of Interconnects and who gets a cut of what and why. These are to be found in the last 25 pages of the doc. Then go to the beginning where the "Kompetition Spik " will kick in fairly soon .

Page 19 has analysis of the FRIACO market and if nothing else that should prompt a Submission from IoffL when the responses are due on the 6th of December . Comreg are minded to freeze it as is. 2 Quotes only ....for now.

Section 3.43.
    Households spend ..32 hours a month on-line

No businesses use Flat Rate Products in this world view . The supporting data is a household survey. We know that BB has a very limited geographical reach in Ireland . I am concerned at the dissapearance of the SME with FRIACO over ISDN from the analysis.

Therefore

Section 3.43.
    "Truly Unlimited Services are likely to be perceived as excessive"

Whoops. Dermot Ahern is gone but what about that Directive of his to Comreg ?

M

Advertisement