Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U.S Presidential Elections - Dare to call it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

chewy wrote:
    any good sites to follow the going on over hte next week. like whats really happening... blogs ?

www.realclearpolitics.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Dum di Dum dum - Twit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paprika

Kerry, if God still hasn't just given up on us by now. I have a new bumper sticker for Bush supporters though - "Let's keep our heads in the sand, and don't mind the target on our butts, and vote for Bush". How's that sound? Yes, I love my country, I just don't like the the stupid people, I love my country, just wish there were fewer stupid people...... At least less than half of them that vote anyway.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Waffle Waffle Waffle !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭arcadegame2004

I can't see Jeb "letting" ( ;) ) Florida go to Kerry. Come fair means or foul (most likely foul) I suspect that the election there will again be fixed.

In Ohio, the Republican Secretary of State Blackwell seems to be up to strange doings like trying to disqualify voters whose registration cards were not a specific type of card. That was thrown out by the courts, and now he seems to be reducing the number of polling-stations in black areas. And he is black himself!

I want Kerry to win but I feel that the Commander-in-Cheat will steal the election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

PH01 wrote:
    Your still gonna vote Ted even though Kerry is going to win the state?
    Voting third way (whatever that way may be) encourages other third way-ers and may get a response from the big 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cleansingfire

Impossible. If Nader is gone, Kerry but don't underestimate the religious mania of the mid west.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mycroft wrote:
    Well pleased with myself looks like "shenangians" is being adopted as the offical boards.ie word to describe any of the untoward goings on this election

I say again, for clarity or emphasis...
    man you can't just go declaring shenanigans on innocent people, that's how wars get started!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭PaulHughesWH

I think Bush will win the Presidential election. It makes no difference really.

Although a result will have the following consequences:

(i) If Kerry wins, an awful lot of people will die and more countries disappear off the map between now and January.

(ii) If Bush wins, an awful lot of people will die and more countries disappear over a more prolonged period of time, between now and 2008.

I don't believe Kerry will win because Bush has big business, industry, arms manufacturers and the Jewish vote in his pocket, simply because: (a) the sham War on Terror gives more use for weapons; (ii) the more countries invaded, the more scope there is for industries and big business getting richer; (iii) the more countries subdued in the Middle East, the more scope there is for the "Greater Israel" envisioned by Jews and neocons in his administration.

This is why I believe Ariel Sharon has, at great risk to his rotten neck, pulled out of Gaza. There always has to be something in it for the illegal state of Israel. Perhaps Sharon has come to realise the prospect of a weak Palestinian state, only because there is a distinct possibility of Iran disappearing off the map in the near future.

A pullout in Gaza gives Sharon, and Bush, more street-cred as peacemakers, meanwhile yanking off the Palestinian burden to pursue other goals. That's why Kerry won't be elected - Bush is the vehicle for Jewish neocons in Washington, Kerry ain't. If they could deal with the Democrats, such extreme lengths to unlawfully elect Bush in 2000 would not have been taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I don't believe Kerry will win because Bush has big business, industry, arms manufacturers and the Jewish vote in his pocket,

Well, only one of those actually matters come election day (the vote), and anything I've seen would contest that Bush has the Jewish community's overwhelming support.

jc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I'm going to call the election for Kerry. Then again, that might not make any difference since Gore won the last time around too.

Voter demographs have been closely analysed by both parties, but there is one group that largely escapes scrutiny, and that is the newly registered and first time voters. I'm also going to go out on a limb and tentatively suggest that they are more likely to vote for Kerry - after all youth is associated with libertarianism.

Assuming of course, the vote actually matters when it comes to appointing a president in the United States.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

bonkey wrote:
    Well, only one of those actually matters come election day (the vote), and anything I've seen would contest that Bush has the Jewish community's overwhelming support.

jc
    Too true. Almost every jewish person I know is very pro democrat. Don't confuse American Jews with Israeli Jews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

mycroft wrote:
    Well pleased with myself looks like "shenangians" is being adopted as the offical boards.ie word to describe any of the untoward goings on this election

It seems to be a buzzword "out there" as well. I think I saw it on commondreams.org being used for that very ting.
    I'm reminded of Supertroopers every time I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

(i) If Kerry wins, an awful lot of people will die and more countries disappear off the map between now and January.

(ii) If Bush wins, an awful lot of people will die and more countries disappear over a more prolonged period of time, between now and 2008.

Can you tell me what you base this premise on?
    I don't believe Kerry will win because Bush has big business, industry, arms manufacturers and the Jewish vote in his pocket

They both do.
    http://www.opensecrets.org/presidential/index.asp

(ii) the more countries invaded, the more scope there is for industries and big business getting richer

This isn't working in Iraq. The reason there is more fighting now then before is because they tried to get big business richer in Iraq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

FatherTed wrote:
    Too true. Almost every jewish person I know is very pro democrat. Don't confuse American Jews with Israeli Jews.

No it's the fanatical Christian vote and Jewish Zionist vote he has sown up.
    American Christians can be more "foaming at the mouth" for their support of Israel and their treatment of the Palestinians than any Israeli, or typical American Jew for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Mordeth wrote:
    a woman in the whitehouse with her finger on the button? one bad period and we're all ****ed!
    [The Onion] A woman president? What if she menstruates all over some important piece of legislation? [/The Onion]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Having read this thread and not looking at any posters in particular, I find it easy to believe that the basement-dwelling, tinfoil hat-wearing, fidgety, paranoid, deluded conspiracy theorists that the X-files portray, do actually exist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

syke wrote:
    Having read this thread and not looking at any posters in particular, I find it easy to believe that the basement-dwelling, tinfoil hat-wearing, fidgety, paranoid, deluded conspiracy theorists that the X-files portray, do actually exist!
    I disagree - do you think you're just being a bit paranoid? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

PH01 wrote:
    I disagree - do you think you're just being a bit paranoid? ;)
    Yeah, take off the tinfoil hat, freak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

dahamsta wrote:
    Yeah, take off the tinfoil hat, freak!
    Feck! My cover's blown. No more tinfoil hat wearing (what ever it is) for me. Gonna switch to clingfilm hats instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

I don't think American Jews are falling over each other to vote for Bush, and neither does a columnist named Joel Engel who recently wrote "From Me to Jews: Why, despite everything, Jewish-Americans keep voting for Democrats"

You can read it at:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/004/833ifcua.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭omnicorp

Ralph Nader, ralph nader, ralph nader, ralph nader

Hey, I can dream can't I?

A pullout in Gaza gives Sharon, and Bush, more street-cred as peacemakers, meanwhile yanking off the Palestinian burden to pursue other goals. That's why Kerry won't be elected - Bush is the vehicle for Jewish neocons in Washington, Kerry ain't. If they could deal with the Democrats, such extreme lengths to unlawfully elect Bush in 2000 would not have been taken.
    /me scratchces head. What does Gaza have to do with Election 2000?

absolutely nothing.
    The main canditades are wasting their time on The Illegal War

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭BattleBoar

Just voted absentee today: Kerry for prez on my ballot, although I'm in Virginia which probably isn't in play, but in this election you never know. According to the polls, VA is as close to in play as it has been in quite a while.

I have previously voted for the Libertarian party (unelectable 3rd party), but felt Bush's decisions regarding Iraq to be so incompotent that I needed to vote for the person most likely to beat him, even if I disagree with many Kerry's stances as well.

A secondary consideration was that if Kerry wins, Hillary (the only person the Dems could have run that would actually have make me vote for Bush) won't be able to run in the next election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭BattleBoar

As a side note in the categories of general interest and amusement, you can bet on the elections here:
    Election Betting Link

I'm thinking of laying $100 on Kerry myself...seems like a pretty decent bet, lay 100 to win 150...

Bush has terrible odds, lay 200 to win 100.

Unfortunately I'm calling this for Bush with absolute confidence that he is going to win by hook or by crook.

Met a friend of mine from home when in the states recently who has a vote in Chicago in the good old swing state of Illinois and who promised to vote for Kerry.

he won lst time by crook so why not this time?
    former President Harry Truman said that this election wouldn't "pass for a democracy in Africa 25 yaers ago" so... taht says it all really...

omnicorp wrote:
    former President Harry Truman said that this election wouldn't "pass for a democracy in Africa 25 yaers ago" so... taht says it all really...
    Eh, Harry Truman died in 1972.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/ht33.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rofl

maybe he's living with elvis

Advertisement