Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pitch Black... Cobber!

• 22-06-2001 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

What the hell - I was looking forward to a good movie only to find its full'o australians. Aargh. At least most of them died early on. I kept waiting for Skippy to make an appearance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

The bad guy/hero was cool in it though with them shiny eyes wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Good movie I thought. It hardly set the world alight plot-wise, but then it never set out to.

The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Wow...

You didn't like the film because of the actors' nationalities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I thought it was quit good.

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

****ing Austrailians. First, they ruined Crocidile Dundee, then they ruined Crocidile Dundee II, and now, they've ruined Pitch Black. *******s!

ThunderingMike Thus conscience does make cowards of us all, And thus the native hue of resolution is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought, And enterprises of great pitch and moment, With this regard their current turns away, And lose the name of action... Nows that's a sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

it was a load of crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I really, really liked Pitch Black - clever, well directed, very tightly edited and manages to take a somewhat cliched story and turn it into something where unexpected things DO happen...

And also, Eamo is an aussie. Get him, witchhunt gang! smile.gif

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Especially because of what happened in to-day's Rugby match .. I'll get my pitchfork and flaming torch smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I liked it. yer mans eyes were kewl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Excellent movie... Simple story, brilliantly done on all fronts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Film of the Year-considering the trip we were forced to put up with last year

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by _CreeD_:
    Excellent movie... Simple story, brilliantly done on all fronts.</font>

Ever more so, considering it was the director's first film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I thought it was excellently filmed with some fantastic split-second subliminal shots, quite artistic, very well directed, - the hero/villain guy with the see-in-the-dark eyes was well cool - overall, a slightly weak plot-line and a couple of other small points make it fall slightly short of brilliance... still a great film, but probably not one I'd buy.

Bard
    Vidi, Vici, Veni.

I agree Bard... But it is the kind of film you could easily watch again...

but I really love the Character play, nobody is really as they seem...
    It's a pretty basic story, yes, but if you take the characters themselves as the main story, it's much more complex.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

I liked it - Borrowed the DvD off AngelWhore and ended up watching it about three times for no reason...

As for the Australian's, there were only two - The group were a cultural mix, and as the movie progressed it was a treat to see the changes in each characters personality during their hunt for survival...

I didn't expect your one to get killed at the end (Sorry if that spoiled it for anyone) but then again, good movies give you unexpected threats...

I must thank AngelWhore, for he convinced me not too look at the back of the cover until I had fully watched the film!

At first I thought it was some cheesy space crusade thing, until it unfolded into an alien plot.

Good film, not excellent, but worth a watch, and the atmosphere + desert type setting (While you got to see them in the light) was amazing, and they really ****ed your head about with the strange range of colours at the start - something not often utilised is the colouring.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Tension filled from start to end. Excellent.

Advertisement