Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teachers - New season begins tonight [Tues 26/10]

• 26-10-2004 2:33pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Channel 4 begins the new season of 'Teachers' tonight (26/10) @ 22:00. Noticably absent this year - alas - are Kurt and Brian but there's new faces who may make up for them (although I fear the worse!). Regardless, I'll be watching.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Tennis

Yeah, its such a shame that Kurt and Brian are gone, it will be interesting to see what the new characters are like, but like you I fear the worse. Apparently the original school has been merged with another school and thats the explanation for characters leaving and Bob been demoted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, it's a real shame Kurt and Brian left. Thought the show would turn to complete sh*t after Andrew Lincoln left but Kurt and Brian were BRILLANT last series.

This series should be pretty good though!

Ads i've seen look pretty funny. Especially the ad where Bob tells everyone he's engaged. And they all start slagging him about a mail order bride. Then, the new teachers leaving a human shaped parcel with 'Fragile' all over it outside Bob's door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 flygirl

How the jaysis can they just kill 3 characters off without explanation?
    'oh they're just dead, now let's move on'....
    Not that I'm the biggest Teachers fan ever but this just seems lazy and/or a big in-joke on the part of the writers.
    I thought I'd missed a tragedy or an announcement that they'd moved to another school etc....
    But no, according to Channel 4 it all fits in with how 'surreal' Teachers apparently is. Someone needs to give their PR people a crash course in surrealism....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'll agree that it seems lazy as well. I didn't actually find that whole urinating on the graves funny either - it was quite off putting to be honest. I didn't much laugh last night (okay, I didn't even laugh) but maybe next week I'll warm to it more once I've gotten over my distaste for what they did last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

Is that the 4th series that started? and are they nearing the end of the 3rd series on TV3?

• Advertisement
Advertisement