Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TOMBRAIDER

• 01-07-2001 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

When's it out

Shoudl be enjoyable. heh heh. But eh will it lead the way to crap other heroine films????
    And will they be annoying and all girl powery. Tombraider shall be good tho i'm convincing myself, ahh Angelina Jolie (spelt right?) bless her 'ille heart.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

It starts next friday I think, I know I'll end up going, Angelina jolie jumping about the place, yes, I'll be dragged along to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Don't know about you but I'm going for the story line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

/me thinks it will be classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Oh and Its out on the 6th of July.
    The Preview is on 5th of July.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Apparently, aprés filming, every frame was edited to "enhance" Angelina Jolie's "breasts" smile.gif

Sounds good to me

Rob.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

yeah, but they've cut some of the violence so it can get a 12 cert. frankly i've seen enough of her tits, i want to see folk gettin their hds kicked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

My friends 7 year old kid went to see it and apprantly she is having nightmares over it. She keeps waking up in the middle of the night screaming "How did they get funding?!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Mmmmmmmmm, how long is the film????
    Going to see it Sat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

Interview with Jolie in the Evening herald today
    apparently she is a 36c naturally
    in the film she is a 36d (padding or computer enhancement?!?)
    in the game its a 40 dd biggrin.gif

thought you may find that tit-bit interesting
    jd

[This message has been edited by jd (edited 06-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by jd (edited 06-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jd:
    thought you may find that tit-bit interesting
    jd
    </font>

tit-bit!!! oh you're such a wit !!! biggrin.gif

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

ive seen the screener of it already and i have to say i got pi$$ed @ myself as it deserves mega screen area and mega sound.
    Story line...wheres it at but if your a true TR fan then its for you.
    pure guy flick.

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

Just home from seeing it earlier on, it's pretty average, some nice action sequences but some of the stuff between them was aweful, I was pretty bored waiting for the next action sequence all the time. But hey, it's got Angelina Jolie in the shower and some reasonable action, so it was worth the time smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Saw it Friday night.

(this does not spoil the film)

The scene in the garage is good - I felt sorry for the guy who got smacked by the Steyr TMP - but I felt really sorry for the next guy.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I went to see it earlier, and had to say I was impressed. I expected a female version of Bond. But TBH if they had made this film with any other actress, it probably wouldn't have been as good. It is def. a guy flick. Jolie was amazing, this movie is going to make her a real sex symbol for quite a while. My favourite part has to be the start!!

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

A alrite secound to any Indina Jones movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Saw it last night - mediocre at best. Old story with no new slant except for having a heroine at last. Nice boobs though - even if rumour has it they digitally remastered them in each frame ...

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by morgana:
    Nice boobs though - even if rumour has it they digitally remastered them in each frame ...</font>
    Crap boobs. They were lobsided in a few scenes and they just didn't look right.

[This message has been edited by Draco (edited 09-07-2001).]

Yeah I noticed that in one seen too, quite strange smile.gif

Also, out in the middle of a frozen landscape, wearing an open front coat and a skin tight top, how come there was no sign of her nipples?! I'd have thought they'd have taken advantage of that tbh smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

she had her nipples removed in a tragic skydiving accident involving a man and a duck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Draco:
    Crap boobs. They were lobsided in a few scenes and they just didn't look right.</font>

Hmm, how many people do you know with the same size boobs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    Hmm, how many people do you know with the same size boobs?</font>

Jag tongue.gif

Soz Jag, anyway they were 'edited' they could have made them the same

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Victor:
    Jag tongue.gif

Soz Jag, anyway they were 'edited' they could have made them the same

</font>

Take a look at yourself in the mirror-bet you don't hang evenly on both sides either..
    jd

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hobbes:
    Hmm, how many people do you know with the same size boobs?

</font>
    True, but the was one shot in particular that they were particularly lobsided and can't just be from them being different sizes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I've got 2 things - GIA and The Indiana Jones Trilogy. Therefore I don't need to watch a second rate Indy cloned teenage wa^k fest.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well I saw this the other day and I enjoyed it. The story was weak, acting was not oscar material but the action sequences were done very well and Angelina Jolie, Mmmmmmmm nice biggrin.gif

Turn the brain off and enjoy !

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gandalf:
    Well I saw this the other day and I enjoyed it. The story was weak, acting was not oscar material but the action sequences were done very well and Angelina Jolie, Mmmmmmmm nice biggrin.gif

Turn the brain off and enjoy !

Gandalf.
    </font>

amen to that brother paul, amen to that.
    enjoyable romp.
    nice boobs
    great start sequence.
    good fun.
    leave the brain at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

In all fairness, Angelina Jolie's jabs in Gia are pretty fukkin awful, all saggy-like. It's good to see them digitally remastered, the way nature intended. Worth every penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Finally seen it,
    and what a load of ****, i felt embarrsed comming out of there. it had little pervy bits that were realyl aimed at ille 15 yr olds, maybe i should of expected that. The action scenes were pretty crap too, they tried to copy films like the Matrix and MI2 but failed completly (music good tho), i felt embarrsed comming out of that cinema, i wasn't a pervy 12 year old i swear, it could of been good, what a shame.

oh her tits looked stupid as well! especially the snowy bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ObeyGiant:
    In all fairness, Angelina Jolie's jabs in Gia are pretty fukkin awful, all saggy-like. It's good to see them digitally remastered, the way nature intended. Worth every penny.</font>
    They were not digitally remastered.

Jolie got into serious shape for this movie. During shooting, she was a 36D (or so she claims). Lara is supposed to be a 36 DD or 36E (depending on which nomenclature you prefer).

Padding was used - not digital remastery. This explains :

1) lack of nipples - hidden in the padding
    2) lopsidedness - caused by movement within padding, not noticed until editing, at which point too late to reshoot.

Also, the tight elasticised tops she was wearing show her figure off to its best extent, and the choice of bra was designed again to add maximum "impact".

Overall, the movie was reasonable. The major script flaw for me was the weird interaction with "supporting" cast - they seemed not involved enough script-wise, but very involved story-wise, if you get my meaning. And that was not always consistent.

The main plot however, is indeed laughable. Its about as credible as, ummm, an Indiana Jones plot. Or an XMen plot. Or ID4, or MIB, or pretty much any other "fantasy" action plot.

Park your brain outside, or turn it off at the same time as your mobile. Sit back, and enjoy. Then when you come out, say to yourself "that was mostly good". At least, thats my take.

jc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

Hmmmmm Jubliessssssss...

But oh, no tears please, fear and pain may acompany death, but it is desire that sheperds its certainty, as we shall see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Just seen it (l8 as usual) wasnt too excited about it, wasnt from beginning. BUT it was not a disaster. Actually i'll say its the best game to movie attemp yet (gee wha competition) But i found the story bad (some bits felt like indiana and others are mixed up) useless use of the Illuminati and the action equance were not great. Didnt have tha oompf to them (not cinematic enuf for me?) But overall i didnt walk out like id4 so it gets a 2 (for wha 2 assests) from me (which is average)

I liked
    -jublees
    -Improvement over other game to movie

I h8ted
    -the general feel of the film
    -useless use of co-actors
    -useless vilian
    -Jolie (despite being a kinda sex icon) is actual a good actress and i didnt really see this.

funnily i have alrready forgotten most of the film.

p.s may be a improvement over other game to film attempts but final fantasy looks to actual get it right.

People of the Boards

I have a cunning plan

and before u ask how cunning

just trust me its cunning

oooo thats cunning

Advertisement