Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a shop that sells ShenmueII(X-box) in Dublin?

Options
  • 26-10-2004 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I can't find it anywhere.

Also, can you mod an X-box crystal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seen it in the game in liffey Valley 2nd hand box , ring em and ask but tell them it was seen in the 2nd hand box. other wise you be fobbed off on phone (which you prolly will be anyway).

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Game in blanch has it.

Xbox crystal can be chipped, with the latest chips ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Thanks, I'll have a look.

Is there any retail shops that sell the mod-chip? I don't want to order online(Lack of ready available credit card) or send my console out to someone.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

lol. my boss asid these new xbox are harder to chip and according to microsoft they cant be but that horse plop. it can be done id say! we had a copy in dawson street not too long ago. it may still be there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Ask Gamestop or Game if they have any in stock that they can order. I remember there being lots of new copies in Gamestop in Ennis 6 months ago. There's no way they sold half of them.

I wouldn't bother tbh. I have the original on the DC and I think it's one of the worst games I've ever played. I can't understand how the gods at AM2 put out a title with such appaling gameplay mechanics.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

just buy it off ebay. than you don't even have to leave your house.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20387&item=8140511082&rd=1

its a brilliant game. i'm assuming its exactly the same on the xbox as the dreamcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

try smyths they might have some esp bray branch saw some in there about 3 month ago.

it was a brilliant game on the dreamcast and if it's the same on xbox then it's a brilliant xbox game

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

Cremo wrote:
    it was a brilliant game on the dreamcast and if it's the same on xbox then it's a brilliant xbox game

Yeah, it's the exact same on XBox and DC apart from the languages(xbox is English, Dreamcast is Japanese). Personally I prefered the English version, felt less immersed in the game world playing the Dreamcast version. Also the xbox version has far less slow down than the Dreamcast version.

I got my copy in HMV on Henry street, but that was a couple of months ago so they probably don't have it anymore. I agree with the recommendation to try Smiths, they seem to stock the less popular games for longer than the other shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Xtra-Game in the Square had it preowned for €18 today.

• Advertisement
Advertisement