Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Fantasy : The Spirts Within

• 12-07-2001 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Ok the movies actual plot/storyline is a bit werid but the animation...

WOW

There are some parts of the movie which look so real I thought prehaps they had put people/animals into the movie (eg. Eagle chase cam).

Also, I reckon Aki is the most fake looking of the lot of them, but that may have to do with the storyline (no spoiler). Some of the characters just look real regardless of what they do (Dr Sid).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Just saw a advert for it and it said something about square entertainment at start so my q's is:

Did Square make the film or did hollywood bigshot call in?

If Square did it then i'll be happy because they know FF and they do make good stories and atmosphere if hollywood got called in it might end up flopping like so many others.

People of the Boards

I have a cunning plan

and before u ask how cunning

just trust me its cunning

oooo thats cunning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Excellent.

thats a good sign. Because so far hollywood and co. have shown clearly they cant make films about games. This will be good (hopefully)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Just seen it, and its only a film for FF fans, any1 not into the games will think it's some freaky anime/kids film.

first game 2 film that i have liked.

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Square put up the cash, Square made the film almost entirely without input from Sony Pictures, Hironobu Sakaguichi directed the film and wrote the script, all the animation and design was done by Square Honolulu - the same studio that did the CG for Parasite Eve and a lot of the CG for FF8, FF9 and FF10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I am very pleased that this film is here at last, i been waiting nearly a year for it and now it has arrived. The games[FF7,FF8,FF9] were too easy for me,however i ain't done with 9 as my fuc*ing memory card is shi tted and i was on disc 3 with around 30 hours gone. On to the subject, I am really hoping the film plot is as good as FF7, that was a real brain melter for a while. I AM GOING TO SEE IT on friday and will love every minute of it,well i hope it's out here on friday? No twats ruin it for us here on boards please, if you did, you'd deserve a twelve clicking. mad.gif

"that island has freedom written all over it, sir, that's cuba"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

I think it won't be out here til mid-august. Saw the release date for uk and ireland flashed by while watching Barry Norman's last ever film nights on sky premier a few weeks ago.

Advertisement