Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9800pro to XT

Options
  • 26-10-2004 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

anyone remember where to go to get the 9800xt bios so i can flash my 9800pro oh and the tool aswell`

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

davkav wrote:
    anyone remember where to go to get the 9800xt bios so i can flash my 9800pro oh and the tool aswell`
    Try http://www.techpowerup.com/bios/

Just a quick question, can any 9800 pro be flashed to XT???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

No. Only 9800pro cards based on the R360 chipset can be flashed to XT. The XT is based on the R360 chipset too but the original 9800pro cards used the R350 chipset.

No. Only 9800pro cards based on the R360 chipset can be flashed to XT. The XT is based on the R360 chipset too but the original 9800pro cards used the R350 chipset.
    Damn , a mate of mine recently bought a HIS 9800 pro, Atitool says it is a R350 core, damn thought i mite b able to flash it, ah well it aint my pc , hahahha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Here's how to Flash the card to XT and where to get all the programs, bios etc.

Jozi

EDIT: in the tutorial it says no program can see if it is R350 or R360 core, you have to remove the cooler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's true, the only way to see if it is an r360 is to remove the cooler and look at the core.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

BloodBath wrote:
    That's true, the only way to see if it is an r360 is to remove the cooler and look at the core.

BloodBath

damn it anyway , i thought that the ati tool would be able to tell you the core.
    i just fitted an arctic cooler to my 9800 pro on sunday , now i'll have to take it back off to check :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

No harm there, you never know maybe it wasn't fitted right the first time!
    I think the bios is programed to show that it has a R350 core even if its R360.

Jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Im in the same boat Clover. Would be worth a peek all the same :D

Loobz wrote:
    Its one of those things that will annoy u forever if u dont check. U'll never know if u can get yet more speed out of your card unless u rip off that cooler my friend :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Loobz wrote:

yeh Loobz it's worth taking a peek alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

would only take 5 minutes to remove the cooler opn top of the core - clean the core up and bada bing bada bong :Dno 360 core

Advertisement