Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BLOW

• 17-07-2001 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

Went to see this last night (Swiss premiere) in a nice big Open-Air cinema.

First off, the venue. Open air is the way to go, as long as its not raining (altho, I'm hoping it rains when I go to see Perfect Storm there). Huge screen, massive sound stack, and no problems with air conditioning.

Youd like to smoke...no problems. The "room" cant exactly get smoky, now can it, and the smokers all went to one area which was good.

Anyway...the movie. Depp, as usual, is outstanding. I'm glad hes started doing slightly more mainstream movies, but at least theyre all somewhat interesting in storyline. Not that I didnt enjkoy his eclectic stuff, but his talents add so much to what would otherwise have been a humdrum movie.

Based on the true-life story of George Jung (a coke smuggler), the movie is enjoyable, while almost utterly lacking in originality. My main impression on walking away was that it was "Goodfella's doing Coke". Only without as strong a cast.

Dont get me wrong...I enjoyed the movie. However, it is a far cry from some of the cinematic classics Depp has been the star of in previous years.

jc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yes, Penélope Cruz the psycho *****!!!!

It has a I've seen this before feel to it.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i went to see it on saturday
    not to bad over all
    but i did think it was a lot like "the people versus larry flint"

probebly because both are semi-biographical

[edit]
    just remembered: this film seems like it was made for tv, its just got that odd feeling about it[/edit]

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 17-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Saw it last friday and not a half bad film, altho I found myself longing for the end 3/4 of the way thro the film.

Advertisement