Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java - outlook?

Options
  • 26-10-2004 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Is there a way to access Outlook VBA via Java?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you can get VBA to work in JNI then yea. Otherwise I don't see how but then I am not an outlook expert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Hobbes wrote:
    If you can get VBA to work in JNI then yea. Otherwise I don't see how but then I am not an outlook expert.

TBH I wouldn't have a clue. I know VBA but not Java, I'm only learning that at the moment. JNI. Looks a bit beyond me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Its easy enough. Search this board you will find links to tutorials. It is basically allowing you to make DLL calls within Java.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

The Microsoft SDK for Java will allow you to put a COM Callable Wrapper around Java classes. Basically this turns them into a COM dll which you will be able to call from VBA. I don't know how it works the other way (Java -> VBA) as I've never had to do that but I don't remember it being difficult. Many ways to skin a cat and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Thanks I've enough to go on. Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement