Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Quick Broadband Questions

• 26-10-2004 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

This is a may of Irish Broadband in the Area that i live:

KillesterVL.jpg

Now just up over where it says "Coolock Ind Estate" is where i live.....
    Just outside the blue line. (ie out of coverage)
    Now i called irish broadband and checked to see if i would still be covered and i was told that altho i'm outside the blue line that the coverage is much wider that that in some areas and that i sould be covered providing i get LOS ok.
    But providing i do manage to get coverage does that mean i should expect bad connections? I'm going with the Breeze 1MB Lite package.

Second Question,

Is NTL Broadband a Static IP system (same ip everytime)?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

This is a may of Irish Broadband in the Area that i live:

Now just up over where it says "Coolock Ind Estate" is where i live.....
    Just outside the blue line. (ie out of coverage)
    Now i called irish broadband and checked to see if i would still be covered and i was told that altho i'm outside the blue line that the coverage is much wider that that in some areas and that i sould be covered providing i get LOS ok.
    But providing i do manage to get coverage does that mean i should expect bad connections? I'm going with the Breeze 1MB Lite package.

Second Question,

Is NTL Broadband a Static IP system (same ip everytime)?

Thanks!
    It doesnt mean you will get bad connections, it depends on the terrrian and buildings in the way, i would assume that if it passes an LOS, then the connection will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Nope, you should be fine...

about your NTL question, Im almost certain that you get a different IP every time, but dont hold me to that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

i think its not static but it rarely changes (every couple of months)

Advertisement