Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA San Andreas ad

Options
  • 26-10-2004 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

I have just after seeing the ad for gta san andreas on sky one .
    I want this game even more now!!!!!!!!!
    Just have to hold till Friday!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

poor you. i have to hold off until june :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

is that when it comes out for the pc? they should just design the freaking thing for pc imagen how good it would be then

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Quiet you ;)

GTA was born and bread on Playstation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Delta_ie

The ad is good. Guns,violents,fire and all to the soundtrack of welcome to the jungle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

cregser wrote:
    Quiet you ;)

I though it was released on the pc and playstation 1 at the same time? i remember just before xmas a good few years back my friend calling to my door telling me to come down to his house to play "A ****ing cool new game!" played gta on his ps1 for a hour had to have it so went down town the same day to buy it for the pc was a damn stormy day i was in dangour of my life! :eek:

come on though admit it the game would be much better if designed purely for the pc :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

cregser wrote:

Is that what you think?

Would you then think it strange if I told you that I was playing it on PC while my friends had to wait because, well, oh, there was this little problem of it not been released on PlayStation until sometime after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

cregser wrote:
    Quiet you ;)

No, quiet you.
    Born and bread on the playstation my arse.

Just saw it again!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

is it the same as the trailer thats been knocking about for a few weeks?

(the second official one)

I do not know, only read the descriptions of the 2nd trailer but it sounds like the same one, could be wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

tman wrote:
    is it the same as the trailer thats been knocking about for a few weeks?

(the second official one)
    Pity it's not the Homecoming one, but then I don't think Tupac would come over as well as G'n'R ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

sounds like the second video with GnR and all that, that vid was only bout minute long as well so would suit a tv ad, with some editing perhaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im getting it for ps2 and then just get it when its out for pc. I really hope i am not bored of it when it comes out for pc. :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I've only played GTA on the PC up until now, albeit at the lowest resolution possible cause of my crap spec, so its gonna take some getting use to. I have found it hard to play PS2 FPS compared to the mouse on my PC tho'.

Wait and see i suppose.

If you are going to get again for the pc and have been play it on the ps2 why don't you just get the adapter to allow you use the ps2 controller on the pc, hell you could even get the xbox adapter and pretend it is an xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Delta_ie wrote:
    If you are going to get again for the pc and have been play it on the ps2 why don't you just get the adapter to allow you use the ps2 controller on the pc, hell you could even get the xbox adapter and pretend it is an xbox.

Because the pc version is designed to be best played with a mouse .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ian25

I've always found a combo of the ps2 pad and mouse works best when on foot.You use the left stick of the pad to control movements and aim with the mouse.Way better than using a keyboard and mouse ;)

Is it, uh learn something new every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

bizmark wrote:
    come on though admit it the game would be much better if designed purely for the pc :)

Please excuse my selective memory. I actually had a similar story of a friend introducing GTA to me via PC. I didn't have a PSX.

What I was thinking (but badly articulating) was that the dawn of the PS2 and "next generation" consoles inspired GTA onto better things. The first time I played GTA3 was probably the best gaming experience I've had. I was in shock and awe of it's beauty and grittiness. It was a living breathing 3D city that was never attempted in a game before, but became realised on the PS2.

Obviously the game would expand if designed purely for PC, but I don't know if it would be better. PC's have big compatibility problems. Although GTA and GTAII were a success on PC, GTA3 on the PS2 was a smash because everyone played the same great game. As a result Sony signed up the rights and Rock* probably felt obliged to accept. PC games look and play different on each PC, so IMO GTA3 would have taken longer to take off.

It's the age old Console vs. PC argument. I prefer consoles for gaming because the PS2 is nearly 5 years old and you can still buy great games for it. My PC is 2.5 years old and I need an upgrade to get the most out of new games.

There are great games like FarCry, Half Life2 etc etc that I want to experience (because they're better on PC - like GTA may be) but not on my aging old PC that would just annoy me with errors and low settings and slowdown and no space on the hard drive and virus etc etc etc.

Oh yes, the ad. Very nice :) Gun'n'Roses rock. Check out www.gametrailers.com for the new trailer. :cool:

Advertisement