Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic TV

• 18-07-2001 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking for suggestions...

I am currently building my DVD collection (and video when I have no option) up a bit, mostly with TV series and miniseries stuff as opposed to movies. I dunno - I just like remembering stuff I watched over months on TV, and being able to relive the suspense.

Plus, I feel that its a different medium - you have more time for character development and story-telling, and less "per minute" budget for SFX, which isnt necessarily a bad thing.

I just thought Id post it here, because it may bring back a few memories (who remembers the first broadcast of V, or the last ep of Sapphire & Steel)

Here's what I've got....which is open to criticism and suggestions. Some of ti you may not recognise (like Alice) as it was never released no UK/Irish TV.

Oh - and for the record - I am not interested in adding any StarTrek in there, nor any other contemporary series which I havent already included. Its more the oldies and miniseries I'm interested in suggestions for.

The List
    Alice in Wonderland
    Angel
    Arabian Nights
    Buffy The Vampire Slayer
    Dune
    Farscape
    Gormenghast
    Merlin
    Neverwhere
    Robin of Sherwood *1*
    Sapphire and Steel *2*
    The 10th Kingdom
    Stephen King's "The Stand"
    Ultraviolet
    V

*1* I only have series one (starring M. Praed), cause I cant stand that gut Connery who played Robin in series 2. Although I'm tempted to get it just in case Ive changed my opinion

*2* I havent actually got this, but its top of the list to find.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I have the Stargate Season 1 boxed set and the first DVD of the Starship Toopers cartoon. Both are nice enough and have decent story arcs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

these arnt very old but...

Red Dwarf
    The Outer Limits

dunno if there out on DVD tho

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 19-07-2001).]

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

1 season SciFi Wonders
    - Dark Skies
    - Space: Above and Beyond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Manach:
    1 season SciFi Wonders
    - Dark Skies
    - Space: Above and Beyond
    </font>

Dark Skies...now thats a thought. Pretty good. Shame it was cancelled, IMHO.

SAB....POS. Nuff said.

B5: Excalibur is another "cancelled after 1 series" series which could have shaped up.

jc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Forever Knight ROFL

Umm, Rent a Ghost!! biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

The Prisoner.

I'm the Dude

Advertisement