Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reckoning Night

Options
  • 26-10-2004 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭

Anyone get it yet? I got it in the post today. It's really good. I'd rate it second:

1. Silence
    2. Reckoning Night
    3. Ecliptica
    4. Winterheart's Guild

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think it's easily their worst... Listened to it for ages when I first got it, but I just cannot get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

really, you think Winterheart's is better? I really don't like winterhearts. It's so boring. No solo's (well, maybe 2). WH's was a huge let down after Silence.

Sorry... 2 solos's? Have you listened to the same album I have?

I'd agree with you that Silence is their best, but Winterheart's Guild is a good album. Broken, The Cage, Gravenimage, The Ruins Of My Life... all fantastic songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Yes, but on Silence, there was at least 2 solo's per song, and mostly 4 per songs. And The max was what, 3 on on WH's? And some songs didn't even have solo's. Don't get me wrong, it's a good album. I was just dissapointed that Jani seized(spelled wrong) his uber shredding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I have to say I wasnt exactly blown away with this album, only listened to it through a few times, but it just doesnt make much on an impact compared to the likes of Silenced and WHG. I have to say I really liked WHG, some superb songs on it (you dont need 15 solo's to make a good album.....), songs like Silvertongue, Broken, The Cage, among others make it a darn good album IMO.

• Advertisement

I'm listening to the album again, and it's good, don't get me wrong, I just don't think it's their best.

A little off topic, but would anyone be interested in a brand new, unopened copy of probably Sonata Arctica's best album, Silence? I ended up with two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

yo karl send that copy of silence my way!!

well after hearing "dont say a word" at bloodstock im pretty convinced that there must be some merit to that album because its an incredible song.

Advertisement