Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The quiet before the storm...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Wertz wrote:
    Any of ya's remember the really strong storm at Xmas about 5-6 years back?

N and E had gusts of 90+
    Blew a load of roofs off that night, and load of power outs around Donegal and NI.

Electrical storms I like, but winter Atlantic storms I can live without...

Also floodwatch on tonight/tomorrow cause highest tide of autumn is happening.

I most certainly do. I asked for an electric oven where I could bake fairy cakes from Santa and when I got it the power went out and I couldn't use it *starts crying*

Would this be a good time to remind all that there is a weather board and we don't bite :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Why yes, yes it would :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yes, Yes indeedy, and as far I can remember there used to be a mod on that weather forum who did bite :) Now, what was his name dammit I can not remember, my memory,my memory, I've lost my memory ?... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

I hope theres lots of thunder and maybe a little lightning. And i hope that the rain is going to wait until i get home to really let rip, course saying that of course it's going to lash pon the way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Yay its lashing now. Glad to say it'll probably mean no-ones gonna be in the pub tonight and ill have a nice relaxing night

Paddy20 wrote:
    Yes, Yes indeedy, and as far I can remember there used to be a mod on that weather forum who did bite :) Now, what was his name dammit I can not remember, my memory,my memory, I've lost my memory ?... :confused:

Only when you started debating my views on smoking in the rain or shine thread paddy...
    At that stage I was wondering was it more than your memory that you had lost
    It's called moderating :)

/ meanwhile , we are still discussing the current stormy weather on the weather board, right now, at this very minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

STORM WATCH:

Kilkenny 19:05
    Bit rainy and windy but no where near a decent gale force storm :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

TIPPTOP wrote:
    STORM WATCH:

Kilkenny 19:05
    Bit rainy and windy but no where near a decent gale force storm :)

Is this sky news or something?!!

NEWS FLASH
    "End Of The World Latest: It's a bit windy... some rain. Wouldn't like to be outside right now.

Once The Dark Lord is spotted riding on the back of a hurricane, we'll let you know"

:D

flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

there's been more wind coming out of my a$$ in the last 24 hours than the weather. Whats all the fuss about :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

ando wrote:
    there's been more wind coming out of my a$$ in the last 24 hours than the weather. Whats all the fuss about :rolleyes:
    Jesus, get that ass to a hospital quickly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

TV3 had the "STORM" as the lead news item tonight!!! Unreal.

We don't get a lot of interesting weather. Sure, we get crap weather, but nothing they can sensationalise. So they jumped on this storm thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Hey, for us small people even a bit of a heavy breaze can be a big struggle for us. Ruined another umbrella at lunch time and got totally soaked - didn't get my normal walk in which was really annoying. It would make you wonder why we are never prepared for this weather when we get it every year...doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Yeah, so far it's pretty god damned disappointing, just some rain... Wind was pretty bad earlier, for like 10 minutes.

Bloody irish weather forecast :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I love storms. The best thing being my estate is on a hill and is never flooded. And school was closed one time...5 or 6 years ago.

Did anyone see RTE news? When someone was reporting from The Dublin docks, the camera almost smacked her in the face from the wind...it was funny.

Ok, it's pretty mean outside now...

I usualy can't hear wind when it's bad because im in a thick concrete room, but I sure as hell can hear this wind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

mang87 wrote:
    Yeah, so far it's pretty god damned disappointing, just some rain... Wind was pretty bad earlier, for like 10 minutes.

Bloody irish weather forecast :rolleyes:

get down to any part of the coast, esp. sandycove or blackrock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,883 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Healio wrote:

I would imagine so. Out here in the valley of the liffey there's plenty wind & rain. At lunchtime yesterday (Wednesday) the road I usually take to go to work was blocked by a fallen tree

Having said that, the results here in Ireland of the forces of nature are nothing compared with most of the rest of the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Holy crap NOW it's raining. It's 5am, I've been woken up for the 2nd time tonight, I can't see the end of the garden for the sheets of rain. Wow, cool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

The winds gone away all of a sudden, its eerily quiet outside.. and no rain..
    although, its usually eerily quiet at this time..

storms over i guess.. :|

meh.. shouldve went out and enjoyed it by the sea.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

stupid wind knocked out my Sky, missed the match :mad:

but i got to see Enemy Of The State again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Yeah thank God for having an aerial :)

Was a bit disappointed with the storm though - expected alot worse!! But apparently we're in for round 2 today so we'll see what that brings!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Is anywhere actually flooded?......Around the Dublin area anyway?

Bloody most boring storm in history.

Healio wrote:
    It was fairly windy yesterday and rain and all, but today it's.. well, completely not stormy, whatsoever. (*in blackrock area*)
    Well that sure was a storm. :rolleyes:

Advertisement