Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire safety cert

Options
  • 26-10-2004 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Just discovered I need a fire safety cert, anyone any idea who I contact to get one?

Asking here so I don't needlessly hassle my local fire-station!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

where is it for? is it a home or an office building? an architects fire officer will usually do one for a building,

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

It's for my house, need it for my tax relief application

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

??? I never hard of such a requirement for Tax.
    Anyway you can get a fire commissioning cert stating that your house conforms to IS3218 (with domestic considerations) from a company like , Chubb fire, Bell fire , Siemans Fire , Professional fire, Novar etc there are loads of places.
    Otherwise if its an actual fire cert detailing a fire wall between your house and a garage etc then you need to go to an architect, a local architect would suit you best, one who does extensions etc, I'd say that this is the option you should take as the commissioning cert would really be for insurance reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What is the type of building / size?

An achitect usually can do a fire safety cert application (which is submitted to the council Fire Officer). For more complicated buildings or uses a fire engineer may be involved.

Reply here or PM me.

To be included with my (our) Application for a Certificate of Reasonable Cost (Tax Incentive Scheme for Owner-Occupied and Rented Residential Accommodation under the Rural Renewal Scheme)

1) Site Location Map
    2) Specifications
    3) Elevation and Section
    4) Breakdown of Costs
    5) Planning Permission
    6) Fire Safety Certificate
    7) House/Apartment Plans

My house is a standard bungalow of approx 1600sq/f

• Advertisement

The concept of "Not Applicable - Single Occupancy House" comes to mind, but check with council / architect.

We thought so too, but as it's a govt scheme we figured they'd make it as difficult and annoying as possible.
    Have considered sending in the application without the cert (we have everything else)

We thought so too, but as it's a govt scheme we figured they'd make it as difficult and annoying as possible. Have considered sending in the application without the cert (we have everything else)
    ASK! I imagine it's a catch all form that is designed for use with holiday apartment applications and the like.

Advertisement