Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The subject you most hate

Options
  • 26-10-2004 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I want a poll. The most hated subject at JC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

You can put a poll.. you know...
    And would this be hated in that it's hard, it's stupid, it's generally not interesting, whatever? Or just general overall hate.
    Out of classes that I look forward to the least, I would say French. However French is fairly easy, so it's not so bad.
    Out of difficulty and all that jazz I would say either Irish or English.

.. I don't like languages.

Funny this isnty the most loved subject...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Well I think the most hated subject should be the most pointless one that only add's to your burdens. For me, it was CSPE. An easy subject that requires little revision, however, that little bit of CSPE revision could've been better spent revising my German!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

You revised for CSPE? Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I hated History !now its Irish for the leaving!!!
    Hakko

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Well seeing as I knew fa about politics, I had to look at a few faces. Also it took me around 15minutes to remember who were the new countries in the EU... ah those were happy times...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I just payed attention in class for 1st and 2nd year, that gave me more or less everything I needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

at junior cert? probably history

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Most pointless-CSPE (got an A though! ^_^)
    Most ridiculously difficult IMO- HL Maths
    Most dreaded- Biz. I HATED my teacher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

In my school we have to learn Religion, and it's suppose to be that we do the subject as an extra for the JC. I am so mad about that. :mad: It's just another thing to study for. We're getting homework! I think CSPE is suppose to be fairly easy and basically everyone passes it. I'm worried that i might fail irish though...

I am unspeakably glad I don't have to do religion.
    If I did, I'd probably just not study at all whatsoever and devote that time to things which actually matter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

I am unspeakably glad I don't have to do religion.
    If I did, I'd probably just not study at all whatsoever and devote that time to things which actually matter.

Religion is a subject that matters (well to some of us anyway)

There are only a few things to know in the exam:
    1 Never be insulting or dismissive (eg. quoted above)
    2 Learn 3 Parables 3 miracles and 3 stories about Jesus and their importance.
    3 Basic information about world religions, charities ( SVP ) and symbols
    4 Current moral issues
    5 Fill up all the space on the exam paper aka (write continously) as you only have 2 hrs.
    6 Pray to God that you will do well i.e.
    devote the time to things which actually matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Or write across each page : NONE

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Back in the day:
    Hated all languages. Loved science. Found maths ridiculously easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I hate:
    HL Irish(Because it's so hard!)
    HL Business(Because it's so hard!)
    AND
    I actually like HL Maths

Maths is great. It's stupid the way loads of people have this big block thing against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

No, it's not stupid the way some people have a problem with maths.

Everyone is different. Some people have more of an aptitude for maths, some for languages, some for hands-on subjects, it's just the way it is. Belittling people just because they have difficulties with a subject yu find easy isn't fair. I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of your abilities in a certain area, just that you (not you personally PFM, just a kind of general "you") shouldn't tell people that they're stupid for not finding it easy too.

[back on topic] When I was in JC my least favourite subject was Irish, just because I'd had a number of bad Irish teachers since 3rd class. I really like the language, I did Chemistry and Maths through Irish in college, but my teachers in school sucked. You could tell they didn't really care for or feel comfortable with the language, and that does make it harder to listen to them.

I still can't believe ye have to do CSPE and Religion as exam subjects! I had 9 subjects for the JC and that was tough enough, my youngest sister had 11! That's crazy, if they just made the subjects interesting and more relevant, then people wouldn't need the threat of an exam to make them pay attention!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I hate science, maths and home-ec

fozzle wrote:
    No, it's not stupid the way some people have a problem with maths.

Everyone is different. Some people have more of an aptitude for maths, some for languages, some for hands-on subjects, it's just the way it is. Belittling people just because they have difficulties with a subject yu find easy isn't fair. I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of your abilities in a certain area, just that you (not you personally PFM, just a kind of general "you") shouldn't tell people that they're stupid for not finding it easy too.
    You misunderstood what I said. I wasn't saying that.
    I was saying it's stupid the way some people have an automatic disliking for maths, to the point where they will not allow themself to like it for fear of being called a nerd or whatever. Why is it alright to like english and not maths? I just don't like that. So like.. don't jump on me.. o.o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

most people i know hate maths because theres so much of it and you'll never need it ever, as opposed to the rest of the stuff you learn.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

You misunderstood what I said. I wasn't saying that.
    I was saying it's stupid the way some people have an automatic disliking for maths, to the point where they will not allow themself to like it for fear of being called a nerd or whatever. Why is it alright to like english and not maths? I just don't like that. So like.. don't jump on me.. o.o
    Ah, apologies then, I know what you're talking about, the perception that it's too difficult before people even try. It's the same with physics and chemistry (both of which I did for the LC.).

• Advertisement
Advertisement