Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frell Me!!!..... It's Brilliant!

Options
  • 26-10-2004 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Thanks to a very generous board member (you know who you are!!!) I managed to get my paws on the Farscape PeaceKeeper Wars goodies tonight. It's in 4 parts (e.g. 4 x mpg files) and its frelling brilliant so far - I've only watched one mpg but its superb:)

I do not intend to do any spoilers, and I won't go into detail except to say this much:-

Humour - absolutely perfect. Same feel, better jokes, lots of in-jokes and references

Production Values - much better than the series, and that's saying something.

Pace - excellent.

Characters - All the old favourites, and a few new ones. Wonderful

Script - Nicely done so far. I cannot get enough of this.

I know when I get to the last few mins of the 4th mpg I'll be near inconsolable, but damn this is fine work. Well worth the wait.

I cannot stress this enough... IF YOU LIKED B5.... GET INTO FARSCAPE. Collect the DVDS now, start watching and by the time you get to the end of the 4th series, this mini series finale will be available on DVD.

c0y0te

ps...If I'm babbling a bit its because I've just literally finished watching the first mpg, and the grin on my face is a mile wide. Dammit this is cool stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

that looks amazing ! any chance they might show it on rte ? suppose we`ll have to live in hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

greglo23 wrote:
    that looks amazing ! any chance they might show it on rte ? suppose we`ll have to live in hope.

RTE? Show a good sci-fi series? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

To hell with RTE:)... go and purchase the DVDs now, right this instant. I authorise you to bend that credit card at http://www.play.com and get some seriously funny and witty sci-fi into your collection!!!!

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not a chance unfortunately.

It's a great miniseries alright, not as good as the highs of the series though unfortunately. I'd probably put this down to time constraints, I think sci-fi channel chopped the hell out of it as well (I was watching it with a friend and we were both commenting on how "the plot seems to skip forward every time there's an ad break"), it'll probably be better when it's released uncut on DVD. You didn't get to see the depths of the characters either, again no doubt due to time constraints. Someone new to the show would be forgiven for thinking they were all generic. The script doesn't feel as organic as the series script either (they have to rush it on, no hanging around and letting it develop).

The 2nd part is a bit too heavy on the action as well I find. I mean
    The fight on the planet lasts about 30 mins, it's fine the first time you watch it, but the 3rd time round I watched it, I was pretty much eyeballing my watch for the whole thing. And in Part 1 we already had the pointless shoot 'em' up on the ship with the mercenaries that seemed totally irrelevant to the plot.
    . That's pretty much a symptom of modern filmmaking, action is usually the last thing to be thrown out during the editing process, dialogue and the like tends to get thrown out first.

If you like this, then I would heavily recommend previous season DVDs, especially the 3rd season dvds (region 2 boxset is being released 1st November), you WON'T be disappointed :)

OK. I've watched the whole thing and loved it. Tis a shame its all over.

I think it has been cut strangely though, and will be interested in picking up the DVDs when they are released. Some minor niggles mind you...
    Didn't quite like the ending as far as scorpius is concerned.. seemed a bit of a cop out.
    can't quite understand how anything survived the blast on the temple from space.. there shouldn't have been any survirors from something that massive
    I thought the first half was far superior to the second half, when it seemed to rush through things to a conclusion

And lastly...
    I thought at least they would finish up on earth again at the end, but apparently not. Tis a life in space for the Crightons:)

c0y0te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭HerrLipp

[spoilerDidn't quite like the ending as far as scorpius is concerned.. seemed a bit of a cop out.[/spoiler]
    What do you mean? It seemed like the natural conclusion for his character. He had lived for two things, wormholes and revenge on the scarrans. He got to see his precious wormhole weapon. And as for the scarrans, this is Scorpius, I'd imagine he has a trick or two up his sleeve and will get revenge yet. Remember, Harvey is meant to be broadcasting everything John knows to him, so when John got wormhole weapon information, no doubt Scorpius did too.
    can't quite understand how anything survived the blast on the temple from space.. there shouldn't have been any survirors from something that massive
    Which one? Arnesk or Water planet temple? Nothing survied the attack on the Arnesk temple.
    spoiler: I thought at least they would finish up on earth again at the end, but apparently not. Tis a life in space for the Crightons
    After the events in Season 4, that was pretty much the likely conclusion for them

A good show and a satisfying enough conclusion. Only shame it was a 5th of a season, not a 5th season :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭HerrLipp

PS:Amazon.co.uk have an entire 4 season boxset available now for £237. I think it's more expensive than buying Season 1, 2, 3 boxset and Season 4 individual DVDs, but if you're a box set whore then it's probably better than waiting for Season 4 boxsets themselves (they've already delayed the Season 3 dvds yet again).

Regarding Scorpie...

He was the central driving bad guy for most of the shows most memorable episodes, and then at the end
    he is simply reduced to becoming a witness to the peace signing????
    cmon... u telling me you think that is a fitting end for one of the best manipulators, bad guys, s&m freaks I've ever seen on TV?

He deserved a better end in my opinion... unless of course the path is still open for more 'offshoots' I suppose.

c0y0te

Advertisement