Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving a feeble shower

Options
  • 27-10-2004 12:34am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭

I've just bought a house and in the bathroom is a Triton T90i shower. Unfortunately the flow from the shower is pathetic - a couple of gurriers spitting on you would have you wetter quicker. Now I'm not handy in any way, so I'm not looking for advice on how to improve the pressure - what I'm wondering is if it's possible to improve the pressure, e.g. installing a pump of some sort?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Get a Plumber............................................... Gurriers, Haaah!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Sounds like water isn't getting to it quick enough. It's possible the pipe is undersized, something is blocked, or the water storage / background pressure isn't high enough. What is bathroom tap pressure like?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

One of the most common problems with showers is "head" LOL as some dont have good head, anyway sounds like the shower might be up stairs, and that the tank that feeds the shower is on the attic floor, they need a min of 1M height difference between the water tank source and the shower.

Raising the tank or installing an additional (smaller) tank higher will improve any shower.

I might also be that the pipe is too small but its most likely a 20mm copex type pipe and thats fine, its the force on the water that you need to improve by creating more height between the tank and the shower. IMHO

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Thanks for the advice guys. The water pressure is fine in the bathroom sink, but the house is a dormer bungalow with the bathroom upstairs, so it could be that the tank is too low compared to the shower. Methinks I'll need some professional help to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Is the concentration on lime in the water high in your area? If it is the shower head could be clogged with lime. Get a descaler from your local hardware store or maybe supermarket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

zaph wrote:
    I've just bought a house and in the bathroom is a Triton T90i shower. Unfortunately the flow from the shower is pathetic - a couple of gurriers spitting on you would have you wetter quicker. Now I'm not handy in any way, so I'm not looking for advice on how to improve the pressure - what I'm wondering is if it's possible to improve the pressure, e.g. installing a pump of some sort?
    Firstly, is the shower been fed from the mains or the tank/immersion?

Is the T90i pumped or not?

If the feed is from the tank/immersion and the unit is not pumped, then suggest either raising the tank or fitting an inline pump or replacing it with a pumped unit.

Tritons website

http://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/index.php3

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭kramxw

If this is an electric shower, the low flow lamp should be on ?

If this is the case, there is generally a small water filter within the housing, you will need to remove the cover, locate the filter (look at where the water inlet pipe is connected), remove, clean (run under sink tap), and replace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Alarms

Had enought of not getting wet by the Electric shower. Got great advise from www.showerpumps.ie and now I enjoy the shower after work.
    The guy who installed it told me it was cheaper to run than the electric shower, and the unit does my en-suite as well. :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Do I smell spam?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Samson wrote:
    Do I smell spam?
    No bullsh1t, smells nearly the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

zaph wrote:
    I'm not looking for advice on how to improve the pressure - what I'm wondering is if it's possible to improve the pressure?

If it spam, Zaph must be George Bush, nobody else would say something like that... :D

Advertisement