Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bug problem

Options
  • 27-10-2004 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Hello
    I moved into a new house last xmas. Over the last while have started to notice tiny little bug type things on the bathroom windowsill. Have been consistently finding around 1 or 2 per day and whacking them for about 6 -7 weeks now. I have no real way of describing them as they are absolutely tiny, ranging from barely visible to around the size of a 'bloodsucker' (little red insect you find on walls), except that they have 2 antennae like a woodlouse would have, are dark in colour and that they try to do a legger the second you come in.
    Have been frantically vaccuuming the house constantly to keep things clean but over the last 2 nights have noticed one or two outide the bathroom, so now am getting freaked out that these gits have set up base camp and are multiplying like billyo. Only hunch I have is that they could be woodworm (furniture beetles), from some plywood I put in the jacks before putting down tiles. Anyone else have experience with anything like this? Can I sort it myself or should I just call someone for peace of mind(recommendations welcome).
    Would appreciate any info on how to go about fixing this before my house looks like a set from Seven!

Advertisement