Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hold in my hand a legal copy of GTA SA

Options
  • 27-10-2004 8:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

From a certain video shop cum games store. Which a mate works in.

Cant say who where or why but now all i need is a PS2 (be here later hopefully when i wake up it be there)

Just thought i would share that with you all. Also wish i didnt sell my Digi cam.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Wanker! I'm stuck in work and you get to play SA early. The world is unfair. Damn these people who "know" the shopkeepers. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sounds like crimbo has come early in the Kdjac household.

bastid :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm seething with jealousy. I preordered my copy yesterday in a videoshop cum game store while a friend was working there and he didn't give me a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'm seething with jealousy. I preordered my copy yesterday in a videoshop cum game store while a friend was working there and he didn't give me a copy.
    Aye, but then again, you weren't his love munchkin.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

For GTA: SA I'd be his anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

A friend of mine works in Xtravision and told me that the release was to be broken today at 6, if not earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if it was out at lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

sprinkles wrote:
    A friend of mine works in Xtravision and told me that the release was to be broken today at 6, if not earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if it was out at lunch time.

Do you mean xtravision will break it by 6 or that some one will break it by 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Retr0gamer wrote:
    For GTA: SA I'd be his anything.
    Retro you videogame harlot ;)

Am i the onyl one not excited about this?? I dunno...just seems like itll be more of the same. Maybe a rental will do to check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm not excited. Then again I never really played any of the games, bar the second one I think, properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Yeah im just kinda 'meh'. GTA3 was revolutionary, VC was fun but just a rehash with motorbikes. SA looks like a re-rehash with bicycles. Ohh ohh, and haircuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I was kind of excited about playing this but after seeing the ad for it last night my interest plumited. I'm just gonna rent it on Friday and give it a whirl.

More of the same will do me deadwing. I'll be home by 6 so will check if they broke the release date. If I don't reply its because I'll be too busy playing it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

xtra-vision sometimes break release dates with video's, but not that often with games, i think. i work in chartbusters, right across from an xtra-vision store, and we basically do whatever they do.

So if you see it somewhere else, xtra-vision will quickly follow.

Feck it! Forgot that I'm broke until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i might give it a whack on the pc but no way am i dusting off the ps2 to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm more concerned about the amount of little skangers I'm gonna have to deal with in work this weekend. As one who owns only a GameCube, I won't be playing it.
    And the GBA GTA is also out this weekend if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Just got a legit copy in galway, But i had to beg a mate who works there. Got a free copy of intermission with it too!

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

And the GBA GTA is also out this weekend if anyone's interested.
    Eurogamer has it marked as release last friday and was gutted when it wasn't there, gutted I tells ya! *counts pennies* maybe I can afford both...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

So anyone know if Xtravision broke the release on it yet? I'd like to know before i drag myself down there in the pissing rain.

Anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

The Computer Centre in Kilkenny (opposite Compustore) had it for sale last Friday I think, only saw it on the shelves there but didn't do anything else (the whole not having a ps2 yet is a bit of a kicker). They usually break nearly every release date, mainly because not many people know they exist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ye nevermind going to xtravision and the likes. Head down the ****tiest shops you can find cos there more likely to have it early and they probbaly wont even be after taking prebookings on it

****e. I won't be back in Kilkenny until after its officially released anyway :)

Don't suppose ye know of anywhere in Carlow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

sorry cant help u,
    advice for anyone who cant get one over the weekend xv are selling the prebooked ones which arent collected on tuesday 2 november so get in early that morning(not in my store though i aint dealing with the argo thats going to cause)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Ive got my mits on a copy aswell :), but its an american copy. My mate picked it up in monday afternoon and then flew over here yesterday. Its a feckin savage game. Its easily the best PS2 game out and also the biggest (size wise). Well im off to go parachute out of a leer jet. :D

Advertisement