Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wenger denies calling Ruud A cheat

• 27-10-2004 9:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭

Wenger denies 'cheat' accusation

Van Nistelrooy accepts FA charge
    Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has denied calling Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy a cheat.
    Wenger has been asked to explain comments he made about Van Nistelrooy and referee Mike Riley after his side's 2-0 loss to Manchester United.

"I don't have to deny what I did not say," said Wenger when asked about calling the United striker a cheat.

The Frenchman also claimed he had no knowledge of an alleged food fight in the Old Trafford tunnel.

He added: "I don't know about that. I haven't seen it if something was thrown."

From The BBC

I am pretty sure I heard Wenger say something along the lines of "all Ruud knew how to do was cheat those that didn,t know him" in a post match interview on Sunday. If my memory serves me right he made the same claims after last seasons Old Trafford Match. The fall out from this fixture appears to be getting worse each season and its about time the FA took steps to make sure ths situation does not spiral out ot control.

Ruud was man enough to admit he was wrong with the challenge and take his punishment. I think he its about time Wenger started to act responsibly in his post match comments and should stand over his comment and take whatever punishment he gets for them instead of denying having made them.

He also says he didn't see the food throwing incident. Defending your team is admirablle but this is taking it too far and by claiming he never sees his players indiscretions he is adding feul to the fire for the next time these two teams meet.

These comments are all stoking bad feelings between the two sets of supporters and if this situation continues to deteriorate I fear that something terribly serious is going to happen off the pitch in the lead up or after one of these games.

Finally please keep the replies civil to avoid the closure of the thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Thread closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement