Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitesnake - Live In Dublin!

• 27-10-2004 9:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

Anyone else go to see Whitesnake last night in Dublin [I know they're playing a second gig tonite as well!]? I thought 50yo's a ticket was a bit steep & considering the Quireboys announced on Monday they weren't going to be playing support I thought it was gonna suck - but it didn't!!!!

I caught the tail-end of the replacement openening act & they really sucked a humongous amount of b***s!!! I've been a fan of theirs for years & particularily of Reb Beach, who frankly is a bit of a guitar icon for me & watching them last night in Dublin was on the same level for me as the first time I saw A Perfect Circle, Steve Vai & Joe Satriani live in concert [not at the same time obviously!!!!!!]

Coverdale for a 50+ dude really knows how to belt them out & watching Tommy Aldridge go nuts doing a 10 min drum solo with his hands only was awesome - even my g/f who had never really heard Whitesnake apart from a few tracks used on Ads etc was really impressed. Not to mention Doug Aldrich's solo spot - man, I was TOTALLY blown away... left Gobsmacked to be precise!!!

This gig peed all over the Metallica gig I suffered through earlier this year in August - that was the most DISAPPOINTING gig I've ever been to....

Needless to say - if ur in Dublin, like ur cock rock or just balls-to-the-wall Rock, & are doing sweet f.a. tonite, get ur arse down to the Olympia & watch the gig - u won't be disappointed!!!!

::: ven0mous :::

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Oh christ. I'm being forced to go to this tonight. I really dislike this type of music, and at €45 its a bit of a bitch to have to go to.

This better be the best ****est gig in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Oh christ. I'm being forced to go to this tonight.
    *points and laughs* ;)

Meg:Whats whitesnake??
    Lois:Aw honey thats the music mommies and daddies listen to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Whitesnake, Kill me now....... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

BolBill wrote:
    Whitesnake, Kill me now....... :rolleyes:
    I don't think I'll have enough hair to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

They're still alive?

God, I wish I was there. Yay cheese rock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Despite the fact that for me Coverdale is(well, was) the best rock singer on the planet I didn't bother my arse going to this after checking out setlists etc. from other shows. I mean there's not exactly much chance of me hearing my favs from 'Come and Get It' or 'Ready and Willing'...people hear the name Whitesnake and laugh cos all they're familiar with is the stupid 1987 videos,but back in the day when they had Paice and Lord with them they made some savage tracks. Oh well , if people think they;re too cool to try it out, thats their loss. On a side note, a few years back saw Company of Snakes in TBMC(Moody and Marsden), and they were great - if they ever come back would recomend checking them out(all old stuff except for a brutal version of Is This Love) - twas less than a tenner last time if I remember right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Eldarin

I am TRUELY SICK that i've been smashed for the last month I would have loved to go to this gig. I believe they were amazing. Coverdale was meant to be out of this world. I also heard they Played "Here we go again". Cheese rock at the height of its time but a great track all the same.
    This gig peed all over the Metallica gig I suffered through earlier this year in August - that was the most DISAPPOINTING gig I've ever been to....

If you suffered through it why did you go. I'm sure the whitesnake gig was fantastic but I have to say that this was one of the best for me. They played a great set of old and new tracks. Put on a fantastic visual show and this time had support acts that didn't get bottles thrown at them. If you thought that was a Sufferable mess of a gig then I would love to go to a few gig's with you because you clearly only go the legendry one's.

;):p:p;)

Eldarin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Eldarin wrote:
    If you suffered through it why did you go. I'm sure the whitesnake gig was fantastic but I have to say that this was one of the best for me. They played a great set of old and new tracks. Put on a fantastic visual show and this time had support acts that didn't get bottles thrown at them. If you thought that was a Sufferable mess of a gig then I would love to go to a few gig's with you because you clearly only go the legendry one's.

I was a BIG Metallica fan & last year's concert was decent - but this years one was PRACTICALLY the exact same gig! They played the SAME songs from 'St Anger' they played last year. It is now apparent to me that Metallica is in 'wind down' mode. Ironic, seeing as Megadeth is on the rise again & the new album make St Anger look like 5 year olds did it....

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Whitesnake rocked!! :D I went to the gig on the 26th October and it was great. The support act: "Ham Sandwich" (if I am not mistaken) was ****e I think but Coverdale and co. blew me away. I took my 12 years old son with me and he never experienced a rock concert b4 and he was absolutely blown away. I had to buy him a T-shirt and promissed to get him a Best Of.

I saw Coverdale and Whitesnake back in 97 in Germany and they were great then and even better now.

Surely, Coverdale to me as a guy is an old ****ed up rock and roller and I honestly cant believe that he still ****s around and that he still pleases fans sexually, He looks still crispy for 53 though, so perhaps he still does it.

Anyway, his voice is brilliant. The drum solo was the best part of the show and Doug Aldrich is a guitar hero. The band did not suck at all.

A real happening. I´d love to see them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*confession time* I rather liked the 1897 er 1987 version of Here I go Again! But not the slower extended version. While typing in retro hairy rocker mode I'll also confess that I ordered up a copy of Deep Purple* Live At the Olympia (1996) off amazon a few hours ago! :eek:

Mike.

*Always prefered Ian Gillan to Coverversion myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement