Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chinese translation for website

Options
  • 27-10-2004 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

need someone to translate a website from english to chinese, wont be much text. the idea is that a user can pick the language they want. any help would be appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

have you tried http://world.altavista.com/ you can enter the url and it does all the work for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

...have you seen the quality of those translations? Nobody Chinese'd even be able to comprehend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

true well the other option is to go to the nearest Spar or service station and get one of the staff to translate printouts for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

im sure i can find some internet service but the quality is what im worried about! would you guys be able to confirm the quality for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

you aint going to get this service for free I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tid

the banners at top of pages of this website display contact details or URLs of freelancers or companies willing to do euro-free translations. currency accepted is LINKS

arabic translation , albanian , czech , greek , italina , japanese , turkish , etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Draíochta

Can we see the page?

My wife is chinese, might be able to help if it is very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Google have just added simplified Chinese to their list of translatable languages. See http://www.google.ie/language_tools?hl=en

Google's translation service is the best computer-based one i've ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Draíochta

If you want i'm sure my wife could at least do a QA for you, but it would have to be simplified chinese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭ethanf

need someone to translate a website from english to chinese, wont be much text. the idea is that a user can pick the language they want. any help would be appreciated, thanks

hi i maybe able to get someone to do this for you if you are still interested. have a friend works as translator. but he may charge you some fees though. would that be ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

it depends on how much he charges, im a student!!! im getting paid very little for the website as it is seen as "experience"!!!

Advertisement