Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B/B without Line Rental (also Ripwave)

• 27-10-2004 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Is is possible to get B/B without have to pay line rental? Isn't this called naked broadband or something? If it isn't possible anyone know when it might be? (see: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20040225-3464.html)

I don't see why I shouldpay 25e a month for something I don't want, esp to those eirheads in eircom!

I'm presently on Ripwave form Irish Broadband @ 30e a month but it keeps going down. V fustrating. It's been particulary bad this past week. I'm on Guinness 2 I think. I have the wabbit on the first floor using 25 meters of ethernet cable and a power extension cable. This is as high as I can go inside the house. Anyone know if putting it up higher outside would make much of a difference? I see down in Ozland one guy put his wabbit up on a 20m pole, anyone try to do something like that here?

thanks

Advertisement