Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

cr1spy wrote:
    Am I the only one that notices the brutal amount of slowdown whenever the ball is but into the box? Corners and goal-mouth scrambles are almost unplayable.

Pro Evo 3 was like that when it was unpatched .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

If you play it at 50Hz there should be very little slowdown. Don't like the way the ball seems to bounce up so much after some tackles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

AthAnRi wrote:
    Spent a some time playing the master league and I'm really impressed with the way young players attributes improve when you give them a few games. I also like the way you have to bring your players training to improve specific attributes and prevent them getting worse.

Haven't reall experimented with transfer market in the ML but have did buy Wayne Rooney.

By far and away the best enhancment in the game is the edit mode. We are currently in the process of creating a classic Rep Of Ireland Team, We have created the Old FAI Crest, The one they had for the 1990 world cup. Now all we have left to do is create the players. Here is the Line up I was thinking about

GK Bonnar, Kelly
    Backs: Irwin(RB/LB), Hughton(LB), Staunton(LB/CB), Morris(RB), Beglin(RB), Moran(CB), Mcgrath(CB/CM), McCarthy(CB), O'Leary(CB)

Midfield: Houghton(RM), Sheedy(LM), Brady(CM), Whelan(CM), Galvin(LM), Giles(CM), Keane(CM)(1994-2003 Version of Keane)

Strikers: Quinn, Aldridge, Cascarinho(Keeping the spot warm for Robbie), Stapleton,

Any one have any other ideas.

Mick Mccarthy was very good in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Mick Mccarthy was very good in the day

Thats why he's part of AthAnRi's team .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

I have to say the XBOX version is way better than PS2 and with no slowdowns. Been playing it now for the past month or so and it's better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Love the revamp of the short pass (X), being able to short pass to players who are further away...its excellent for switching the ball to opposite sides of the pitch in an attack.

The overlapping fullbacks is a nice additon(about time too!).

Have to agree with Tellox, the 'through ball' is just.......awkward at the moment, in particular the 'floated through ball' seems to travel too high/far even for the good players (Zidane, Gerrard etc..). Hopefully, itll just take time to get used to as with the previous games.

Ive also noticed that a lot of the time i accidently make my keeper drop the ball at his feet, probably cos im holding R1, anyone else having that problem???

Everything about this version is better than the last especially Master League.

The menu system though is annoying me, just cancelling out of subsubmenu brings you all the way back to the main Master League menu. Only a little thing i know but still...
    And the 'My "Best" Eleven' option is just a lineup/photo of the last 11 players you used.....useless really.

Still decent game - 8/10

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

lads lads lads, i love the pro evo games. I loved up until pro 3. The constand handball pissed me off. I discovered the pc version, downloaded some patches! HOLY ****! What a game! Then came WE7:I and jesus christ, even more amazing.

Pro 4 is out of this world on pc. It is brilliant on ps2. PC wins though...

PS: Fifa series? Do not make me ****ing laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭cr1spy

Big Ears wrote:
    Pro Evo 3 was like that when it was unpatched .

Pity there'll be no patch for the PS2 then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I've been playing the xbox pes4 game for around the last week, the gameplay beats we7:i

So Far its class, cant wait to mod it.

As we7:i for the pc, once modded is the greatest soccer game ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

PES 4 is simply the best footie game on the market,end of argument!! Havent stopped playing it since i bought it 3 weeks ago!! Bring on PES 5!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Keyzer wrote:
    I have recently converted to pes from fifa.
    I didn't like it in the beginning, because unbeknownst to me, I actually had to use my brain whilst playing instead of the game doing everything for me.
    What converted me? I seen the goal gallerys on www.pesfan.com

Your post reminds me of how I was when I started playing pes, I didn't like it and stayed with fifa, then tried again and never looked back.

The stuff you can do and the goals you can score in pes are amazing.
    The gameplay is fantastic and with the updated option files, which give proper kits and team names etc. licencing headaches are over.

Fifa is complete rubbish compared to pro evolution in my opinion - any true lover of the beautiful game, and player of footie games, will tell you that...

after 3 weeks of playin it im here to eat my words, hat, shoes and whatever ye deem necessary
    at first i didnt like pro evolution because of the shoddy graphics, seemingly
    slow gameplay and mainly because i was so used to doin it the fifa way that
    the controls etc felt awkward and uncomfortable
    but i must say pro evolution has dept that fifa cant compare with
    Ai is much better and player controls are so much better
    they are more or less what makes or breaks a game like this not graphics or
    the odd graphical glitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

IrishMike wrote:
    after 3 weeks of playin it im here to eat my words, hat, shoes and whatever ye deem necessary
    at first i didnt like pro evolution because of the shoddy graphics, seemingly
    slow gameplay and mainly because i was so used to doin it the fifa way that
    the controls etc felt awkward and uncomfortable
    but i must say pro evolution has dept that fifa cant compare with
    Ai is much better and player controls are so much better
    they are more or less what makes or breaks a game like this not graphics or
    the odd graphical glitch

Ahh yes, the Pro Evo virus has infected another soul. Makes me so happy. :p

Now go forth and spread your new wisdom like only a Pro Evo slave can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ive gone back to we 7i on ps2. Couldnt stick those ugly pitches

loved pro evolution 3 absolutely

could'nt gieva **** about licensed kits and players.

So many simple thigns wrong with this game...

namely the keepers.

pro evolution3 the keepers could be bad but tolerable and realistic...

pro evolution4 has keepers pulling off magical saves with superman reflexes but still watchs balls roll past him. HE DOES'NT EVEN DIVE.

Also the shots. Eh what happened? every shot i take just trails along the ground. Now it's just run into the box until stupid keeper comes out and then tap it to some other player and there ya go.

I'v had high score games in pro evo 3 but not until like a year playing it against friends. i think 6-6 was highest scoring. It was notorious for being hard to score in. Secondgame i play in pro evo 4 it was 9-7... ****s sake we were shaking our heads in dismay.

Somebody said Pro Evo was going down the road fifa is at right now and i'd have to agree. I've gone back to playing pro evo 3 even is the hand balls are annoying.

And one last thing to add.

How on earth could these people feck up a perfectly good game? i mean it only needed a quick change here and there and just upgrade the edit mode so we can change everything ourselves.

ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I much prefer pro evo 4 to 3....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 misdog

Second game finished 9-7? On 5 stars? Best I have managed is 3-0 (mind you San Andreas may have something to do with that). If it is too easy try unlocking 6* level and playing on that. I tried with WE8 and barely had time to touch the ball before being closed down. I did manage to get the republic to the WC semi's (beatn by rooskies on peno's) which I did think was a little easy but there were a lot of players on top form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

ive been playin it for 2-3 weeks and i havent scored 3 goals in a 4 star game yet
    how the hell did a game end up 9-7 ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I personally don't like soccer. I watch international matches, but that's it really. I saw no need to play a soccer game, I figured I wouldn't like that either. During my time in Game Grafton st, people were always playing it on their lunch but I simply shrugged off any challenge... not my game.
    Fast forward to the second year of college, and on a thursday we have a 4 hour gap in between classes. We also have a class member with a house around the corner from the college. He happens to have a PS2 and Pro Evo 3. We had a tournament. I fell in love. The end.

I cannot wait for the xbox release in 3 weeks time, I heard that the controls are going to be a bit dodgy due to only 2 shoulder buttons rather than 4, but in reality I cant see it being a huge problem, once you can speed up and change player with the 2 triggers.. the other buttons can be made the black and white ones or something. The graphics are bound to be much better, and with the xbox live I get with Halo 2 I'll be dancin'!

Does anyone think that you'll be able to download the real players and kits etc from xbox live, I assume you wouldnt be able to as it would still go against the licencing etc... youd have to get something unofficial

flogen

The xbox controls are fairly easy to get to grips with if you have the controller s. I've been using it so far and it's simple, as for downloadable content... Nope there wont be any

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I'v had high score games in pro evo 3 but not until like a year playing it against friends. i think 6-6 was highest scoring. It was notorious for being hard to score in. Secondgame i play in pro evo 4 it was 9-7... ****s sake we were shaking our heads in dismay.

Were you both really crap at the game?
    I've never played a game where it's high scoring on both sides.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

flogen wrote:
    I personally don't like soccer. I watch international matches, but that's it really. I saw no need to play a soccer game, I figured I wouldn't like that either. During my time in Game Grafton st, people were always playing it on their lunch but I simply shrugged off any challenge... not my game.
    Fast forward to the second year of college, and on a thursday we have a 4 hour gap in between classes. We also have a class member with a house around the corner from the college. He happens to have a PS2 and Pro Evo 3. We had a tournament. I fell in love. The end.

I cannot wait for the xbox release in 3 weeks time, I heard that the controls are going to be a bit dodgy due to only 2 shoulder buttons rather than 4, but in reality I cant see it being a huge problem, once you can speed up and change player with the 2 triggers.. the other buttons can be made the black and white ones or something. The graphics are bound to be much better, and with the xbox live I get with Halo 2 I'll be dancin'!

Does anyone think that you'll be able to download the real players and kits etc from xbox live, I assume you wouldnt be able to as it would still go against the licencing etc... youd have to get something unofficial

flogen

I cant wait for it on the xbox either. I have it on the ps2 and IF i ever get my xbox live working i'll be buying it on the xbox. Im just extremely ANNOYED at the moment cos i cant get my xbox live working :mad:

i just thought i'd say that i've decided to bring back pro evolution 4.

I'm just going to update PES3 fully and let that be that

i've never been so dissapointed

PES4 is out Friday if places have it in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Anyone know if PES4 for xBox is in stores today? rang HMV yesterday and they said the 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Adjusting from PES 3 to 4 can take a while, there's so many things that have changed by varying degrees that, to someone who has played PES 3 to death (like I have), it can feel a bit weird at first. Some of the big changes I have noticed in PES4 are:

Tackling - The players have a much shorter slide length, which has had a serious impact on my "coming in from off screen to nail a player" tactic

Heading - Defenders win more headers, especially from crosses put into the box. They also head the ball further away from the danger zone. In PES3 they more often than not nodded it to the edge of the D, so you could follow up with a tasty volley

Goalies - As mentioned previously, the goalies act a bit strange in this game, they don't seem to dive for any shot that is not directly on target, even shots that hit the post. I scored one goal where my striker headed against the post, and the ball trickled at about 1mph across the line to hit the other post and went in. The goalie stood there calmly watching it

Shots - They seem to have more loop on them

Fouls - Players go down much easier under pressure, which can be annoying for both the fouler and the foulee

Through balls - These are now extremely powerful, so much so that, for me, the dynamic of the game has changed from one where I was always trying to get down the line to put crosses in (PES3), to now, where I continually look for the through ball (PES4)

All that said, PES4 is a great game. i don't think that PES3 or PES4 are better or worse than each other. I would be happy to play either game, they are both excellent. As PES4 is the newest and most updated version I will be sticking to it until number 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Anybody know whether the pc version will be playable of the internet?

George -- yes it should be playable online

The game was released today in Europe and will be available here next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

kensutz wrote:
    George -- yes it should be playable online

The game was released today in Europe and will be available here next week.

Great news!! Who needs real friends when you can have cyber ones :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

cregser wrote:
    I know, em nobody. But I am a former FIFA loving convert. But my FIFA loving was caused by my ignorance of other football games. When I discovered PES I was like - "wow" :eek:.

i was also like this......... fifa shot them selves in the foot they got way to lazy and didnt put any effort into any of the years ranging from 99-2003
    for instance whos genius idea was it to (in fifa 2000) make the twirling skill so effective....... i mean since when can a goalie run the pitch doing the zidane twirl!!!!???? and then the shot at the end no matter how crap the player was the shot always went curling for the top corner! 6 years ago u wouldnt have found a bigger fifa fan than me but now my loyalties lie elsewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

i used to be the biggest fifa fan until i started to play pes....from the first one i was hooked. i love pes4 it great; the gameplay is better than pes3 and its more difficult to score. teh only problem that i have is the free kicks...unless they are about 17-19m out they are impossible.
    i have played fifa 05 and think its crap. no comparison to pro evo

Advertisement