Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a Celebrity makes a gimp of herself

• 27-10-2004 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

normally i couldnt care less about Ashlee Simpson... but i read about her makign a sham of herself on saturday night live...

it seems that ashlee didnt didnt really get the whole "live thing"

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/index.html

click on the featured video link

i feel for her

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

been posted already....still funny and painful!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=196111

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

what a tit.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Keyzer wrote:
    what a tit.....

why? ;) what's wrong with her other one....!!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

The oh-so-natural "I'm Really Into the Music!" dance routine was embarrassing enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I didn't really get what was going on, but the "dancing" was very reminiscent of Elaine from Seinfeld in The Little Kicks episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

It wont let me watch it because I have WMP10 installed, and not WMP9... and I can't install WMP9 over WMP0 because microsoft are a bunch of eejits. :rolleyes:
    Well I could use XPlite to uninstall it, but that's just too much effort reconfiguring my services so that XPlite will work and not just crash...

Anyone got a Real[layer link or a quitime link? Or even somewhere I can download the actual file?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I just watched it in WMP10...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

PiE wrote:
    I just watched it in WMP10...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

ahaha - thats what she gets, little tramp.

wtf was that dancing all about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

I have WMP10 and it wont leave me watch it either. although it does mention something about activeX . it wont leave my browser (Opera) open it either

:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Watch it with some other player then - winamp, bsplayer etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

A little taster for people who cant watch it yet

ashleedance.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Prize fool!

Has anyone seen her 'show' on MTV! What a whinging ninny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I saw some of that show... yeah she is a right moanie old cow. Am i imagining things or does she star in Seventh Heaven.?.. I am sure i saw her on it (when i was in my parents house one sunday teatime..... i swear).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

gazzer wrote:
    I saw some of that show... yeah she is a right moanie old cow. Am i imagining things or does she star in Seventh Heaven.?.. I am sure i saw her on it (when i was in my parents house one sunday teatime..... i swear).

I believe you gazzer....

Yep she is in 7th Heaven! Not that I was watching it either!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't think she really made a gimp of herself. She claims she had a sore throat and said she was sorry for blaming the band, etc etc. She sang live like yesterday or the day before at some big event. Celebrities have done a lot worse before (and will continue to do so, they're only human)

She does dance like a spa though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

koneko wrote:
    I don't think she really made a gimp of herself. She claims she had a sore throat and said she was sorry for blaming the band, etc etc. She sang live like yesterday or the day before at some big event. Celebrities have done a lot worse before (and will continue to do so, they're only human)

She does dance like a spa though.

Maybe she was having an epileptic fit aswell as the sore throat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I watched it. It looked like her band were sync'ing as well. Except that they didn't need a microphone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

shes come out with a new excuse now,

Wednesday, October 27 2004, 13:15 BST -- by Daniel Saney

Ashlee Simpson has come up with a new excuse for what happened on Saturday Night Live this weekend. Apparently it was all down to heartburn.

She says that 'acid reflux' had damaged her vocal cords earlier in the day and so she had to rely on the support of a backing track for the performance. This is news, however, since originally she said it was her band's fault for playing the wrong song.

"I had severe acid reflux, and the day of Saturday Night Live' I had completely lost my voice. It's crazy, but you move on.

Things happen. I'm a human being," she announced at the 2004 Radio Music Awards in Las Vegas on Monday.

Having been criticised by fans, Ashlee explained that: "I can't cancel something like SNL.

It was silly of me to do it, silly of me to blame the band, I was just so embarrassed

The poor thing, well she is Jessica's sister ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

TIPPTOP wrote:
    "I had severe acid reflux, and the day of Saturday Night Live'

Isn't it wonderful the things people can come up with after lookin in medical books

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The main problem is this:
    The blunder has been all the more embarrassing for Simpson, because she recently expressed her disapproval of lip-syncing in an interview with Lucky magazine, explaining, "I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going to let my real talent show, not just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip- sync. It's just not me."

Altough I think the whole incident has worked for her to some degree.. I'd certainly never heard of her up until yesterday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

mang87 wrote:
    It wont let me watch it because I have WMP10 installed, and not WMP9... and I can't install WMP9 over WMP0 because microsoft are a bunch of eejits. :rolleyes:
    Well I could use XPlite to uninstall it, but that's just too much effort reconfiguring my services so that XPlite will work and not just crash...

Anyone got a Real[layer link or a quitime link? Or even somewhere I can download the actual file?

it only works in ie, just go to the thread RuggieBear linked to and dl the clip

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

anyone who has wm 10 this should work (Real player) video clip
    http://amysrobot.com/archives/2004/10/ashlee_simpson.php

Advertisement