Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird text artifact problem

Options
  • 27-10-2004 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Just wondering wether anyone has any idea what is causing my problem as it's driving me demented lately. For a site i've been creating 200pixel square coloured boxes with a small amount of ornate font in them created in adobe illustrator, these are used as rollover images (where when you hover the cursor on a picture it flicks to a different picture) for other 200pixel square photos.

I've been very careful not to compress them too heavily as the ornate font in them easily loses sharpness, especially thin offshoots and curls, and they look fine offline and also when simply arranged on a blank test page. However as soon as I put them up in the context of the page as rollover images they gain multiple visible glitches and warping. It's not any kind of file corruption during upload as they're fine if downloaded and viewed, they just seem to get damaged in the process of being rendered in the browser. this is the case both in Mozilla and explorer, i've also tried Safari on a Mac with similar results.

Any ideas or experience with this much apreciated as I really need to keep the rollover images in place and i'm at a loss to explain whats happened.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

If you can, can you post a url so we can investigate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cleansingfire

Are you viewing offline in browser or program that created them? It sounds more like speed of access to the rollover image: if you access from hard disk, np but over net...Let's have an url pls.

Advertisement