Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEXX - SKY FI -

• 21-07-2001 4:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watch this show on sky 1 the other nite,

Twas a good show ,, lookied like it was from the eighties to me though,

Is sky showing an entire series?

Really original PLOT IMHO

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Yeah, watched 2 episodes, the 3d work is fairly good, but the sets are just terrible. Tim Curry was in it the other day.

story does seem fairly orginal, if a bit boaring @ times. Tbh i'd say most ppl only watch it for that one with the blue hair...NYOM... smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Yeah the blue haired one is fine hehe biggrin.gif,sky had that series on before i think bout 4-5 months ago same time slot i fink bah it passes the time till M*A*S*H smile.gif

I might look like a fool but i`m really a blithering idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LittleFigment:
    according to my brother the current babe is replaced when the series starts frown.gif

http://www.sadgeezer.com/free-stuff/lexx/zevstuff.htm

</font>

Trust me man you won't be disappointed! biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

used to watch it all the time on the scifi channel, trust me its gets weirder n weirder! worth a watch do'h! smile.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

I seen it for the first time this weekend. Its really F**ked up and has some mad ideas. It looks and feels like a mix between barberella and flash gordon. Some of the dodgyest sets and special effects but i have to say i really like it smile.gif though according to my brother the current babe is replaced when the series starts frown.gif

http://www.sadgeezer.com/free-stuff/lexx/zevstuff.htm

I'd like to sound deep, but fun like a fruit pie but not as sugary. A sour fruit pie. I'm in the process of unravelling the greater and lesser meaning of things, casting aside society's assumptions and expectations in a bid to become an original thinker/writer, but possibly in the process turning into a bit of a cliché.

[This message has been edited by LittleFigment (edited 23-07-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Conorisco

Are You people ****ing Geeks
    JESUS it is the worst program ever (and i am a si fi fan) The effects the ****ing story.Did they get ****ing Marilin Manson reved up on Crak to right the script its so bad. ihope you all die.

"I can't speak for command, but I'm gonna clean the place out" - Jc Denton, Deus EX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CriminallyInsane

I'm afraid I have to agree with Conorisco, The only thing the show had going for it was that hot blue chick.

How Do You Prove You Exist? What If We Don't Exist? - Vivi Ornitier, Final Fantasy IX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Never said it was actually any good.

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

whats this "sky fi" business whatever happened to "sky 1"? btw. i dont watch tv that often

adnans

[This message has been edited by adnans (edited 24-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yes Lexx and Farscape and all similar crappy/cheap Sci-Fi stuff SUCKS!! Yet for some reason they always have a devoted following.

While I will be blasted for my attack I will give you a list of my fave's

Start Trek: DS9/Voyager

Earth: Final Conflict

Thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Earth Final Conflict !!!!

ROFL

farscape aint bad btw... (bar the ozze accents) smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

DAMN YOU PEOPLE!!!!

Farscape owns your pants and you damn well know it.

I mean how many shows make there lead go mad over the corse of an entire series????

Lexx isn't the worst that I've seen. Its ok when theres nothing else to do on a sat at 12:30.....

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

AH comon I think the show is pretty good

the space scenes are fairly clearly cg'ed

but jesus frown.gif It is good show the characters are getting developed v. well

BTW i also think DS9 is the best so far but thats cos i likes war

2. TNG
    3. Babylon 5

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lex_Diamonds:
    Yes Lexx and Farscape and all similar crappy/cheap Sci-Fi stuff SUCKS!! Yet for some reason they always have a devoted following.

While I will be blasted for my attack I will give you a list of my fave's

Start Trek: DS9/Voyager

Earth: Final Conflict

Thats it.
    </font>
    I'm sorry? Farscape is worse than Earth: Final boredom? Or Voyager, which is probably the worst piece of gibberish that I've ever watched.

Advertisement