Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrist Tattoo

Options
  • 27-10-2004 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hey guys & girls,

Im thinking of getting a small tattoo on the inside of my wrist..

Do any of you have one here? and if so can you tell me how so it is..

Cheers,
    Pixie ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

at least you will be able to cover it with a watch when you go off it in 20 years time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭pixie_student

at least you will be able to cover it with a watch when you go off it in 20 years time

Lol.. i suppose thats true!

But i plan on liking it forever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

we all "plan" trust me sounds sorta cool though [unusual and not very common](even though i dont like tats).

we all "plan" trust me sounds sorta cool though [unusual and not very common](even though i dont like tats).

Ah yea.. it will be something unsual anyways!

Well if i end up hating it.. it will only be small and wont cost too much to get removed!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Optiplex--If you`ve nothing to add to the topic other than telling someone that they`re going to end up hating a Tat then dont bother commenting,and as for you not liking Tattoos then why are you replying to a topic on Tattoos?

Now back on topic.

Pixie---Ive the inside of my wrist done in a small blood red tribal design
    and to be honest its my favourite tattoo.Its only about 2x1 inches but its the last tattoo Id get rid of if I had to.

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote:
    Pixie---Ive the inside of my wrist done in a small blood red tribal design
    and to be honest its my favourite tattoo.Its only about 2x1 inches but its the last tattoo Id get rid of if I had to.

Yea something around that size would be what i was thinking..

Did it hurt there? in comparison to different areas..

Thanks for the help ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I was considering getting one done there myself...It's not supposed to be a sore place to get inkd and worrying about regreting should be the last thing on your mind(because you are going to give it thoughts, right? )

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Actually didnt hurt at all.Was a very easy Tattoo to get done.As a matter of fact I want to get my other wrist done next week with some sort of celtic symbol.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

WOuld it not be a dangerious place with atery vains at the wrist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Wrist Tattoos from what I can tell don't hurt that much. My g/f has one done & it was not painful @ all. Hers is only like 1.5" x 1.5".... Personal preference I'd never get one done below the elbow... but then again that's me, & everyone's preferences are different - way to go individuality!!!

::: ven0mous :::

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

just make sure ya go to a decent tattooist an veins wont be a problem...

but please dont go for the eminem one. so many people gettin it. what ever happened to originality? :confused:

PunK04 wrote:
    just make sure ya go to a decent tattooist an veins wont be a problem...

but please dont go for the eminem one. so many people gettin it. what ever happened to originality? :confused:

What does he have?

Dont worry, im not a fan so i wont be getting his tattoo!

Lenny wrote:
    WOuld it not be a dangerious place with atery vains at the wrist?

Actually Lenny the aretries in the wrist are under the sinews.What you see are veins and in the case of a vein being severed it doesnt pump out like an artery.
    Anyway mine didnt bleed much at all--dont think there was really any blood when it was done,was wierd to get a tat that didnt bleed that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

Had been debating this for a while too - himself is a tattooist but doesn't really want to do it for me (he has a prob with anything below the elbow) - just need to be extra sure before I go getting it done though. I reckon work won't be a problem since there's a few buzzing around with half sleeves (well wrist to elbow anyway) it was more the pain I was debating - though since I have bout 16 of them badboys I reckon I should be grand really - is the inside of your wrist that sore?

no worse than any other spot...but easier than some...

PunK04 wrote:
    no worse than any other spot...but easier than some...

I have one on my ankle and on my back.. cant be sorer then that, can it?

Pain shouldnt be a factor when getting a tattoo

its going to be on your body til the end so surely its worth whatever pain it involves.

I am MAN wrote:
    Pain shouldnt be a factor when getting a tattoo

its going to be on your body til the end so surely its worth whatever pain it involves.

Im just curious to know! i'm still going to get the damn thing done like.

be bout the same as back or ankle if not easier.
    but noones (except yerself) knows what your pain threshold is.
    my advise would be to just pick a good one and get it done.

PunK04 wrote:
    be bout the same as back or ankle if not easier.
    but noones (except yerself) knows what your pain threshold is.
    my advise would be to just pick a good one and get it done.

Cool thats all i wanted to know.

After plenty of piercings and tattoos i think its safe to say i have a pretty high pain threshold.

Thanks for the comments

Pixie ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

i have the inside of both wrists tattooed, one with an image and the other with writing.

i love them to bits, they're really subtle and unsusual places to get tattooed.

There are presure points in the wrist. after the inevitable pain of the outline, i nearly fell asleep both times, it was crazy, i got really really dopey. apparently its a really normal reaction.

what were you thinking of getting done? i think going small is a good idea. my right wrist, the one with the writing, is done a bit bigger than i imagined it, i still love it, but i think a tiny bit smaller would be a more elegant..? (for want of a better word)

Thanks for your input Silent Grape.. You've made me really want a wrist tattoo now!

As for what i want to get done.. it will definately be something subtle with no colour. A small phrase or image would be cool but i can't for the life of me think what..

Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I wanted to get one done on my wrist too and I actually just came onto this board to see if anyone had any experiences with wrist tattoos and lo and behold this thread was on the first page.

Anyways I dont have any tattoos and im a bit of a wuss when it comes to pain. I'm always saying im going to get a tattoo and ive got all these ideas that i like. I'm quite arty anyways so designing a tattoo I like myself is no bother but originality is a bit of a problem. Some of you might remember the idea i buzzed offa yis a while ago about the design on the front of the nightmare before christmas dvd cover. Well still havent gotten it done.

Anyways my idea for a wrist tattoo was a small tattoo, not square as such but with proportions that would allow it to fit into an approximately 2.5cmSq box. My idea was kinda like the skull off the alkaline trio logo only i'd draw it myself and itd be real simple.

Anyone have any opinions or suggestions or any tips for a good place that do wrist tattoos?

Not sure about prices in town I dont really like getting tattoo's in Ireland but how much is a wrist tattoo roughly?

considering getting a life line tattoo'd there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I am MAN wrote:
    Not sure about prices in town I dont really like getting tattoo's in Ireland but how much is a wrist tattoo roughly?

considering getting a life line tattoo'd there.

Why dont you like getting tats done in Ireland?
    The quality of the artists has improved immensely over the last few years, there used be none apart from that place above the camera shop in Talbot Street, now there are lots. Prices range from 70 an hour to 100, a tat like that probably only a few euro.

I havent got much faith in the artists around Dublin anyway and also the prices are a joke I got a portrait done in thailand and its fantastic for 90 euro. I got a little letter on my ankle a while back and it cost 50 euro, its absolutely tiny.

I'll pay 50 for a decent wrist symbol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

SteveD wrote:
    Anyways my idea for a wrist tattoo was a small tattoo, not square as such but with proportions that would allow it to fit into an approximately 2.5cmSq box. My idea was kinda like the skull off the alkaline trio logo only i'd draw it myself and itd be real simple.

Be careful with skulls on your wrist. They can easily be mistaken for the 'SS Totenkopf'

.logic.

I am MAN wrote:
    I'll pay 50 for a decent wrist symbol.

I would think that's about right, I mean they have to use ink and unpack a needle no matter how small the job innit.

Wouldnt suprise me if they charged 80 euro the usual "its not worth our while if its not 80 euro for an hours work"

I was thinkin about getting an ekg line

Just rang snakebite min price is 75 so he said between there and 90.

pff.

• Advertisement

Here's one I got at Snakebite recently, done by Debbie.

It only looks all twisted because of the angle the photo was done at.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/Blub2k/DSCF0017.jpg

changed link.

Advertisement