Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

regi@boards.ie

Options
  • 27-10-2004 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Doesn't anyone ever reply to the regi@boards.ie emails??
    I had to create a new account ..
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

bubbles? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Better than using the a name relative to how I felt at the time .. still no reply from the emails I sent. regi@boards.ie .. indeedy!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Try admin[at]boards.ie

: -) I clicked on the contact link and emailed the email address that was there.

Bit silly having a contact email of regi@boards.ie , and reference that on the site if its never checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Get over it.

John

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Which contact link? See the bit at the bottom of the front page about contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

is that the one with nospamdiediedie before the @ symbol (for a reason)

why you feen the need to post it three times,

What do you mean "get over it".??
    If you don't reply to the emails then why provide it.

About posting the email address multiple times - well I didn't think that was an issue becuase regi posted it himself in this thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70340&highlight=regi%40boards.ie.

I did find the email adrresss listed somewhere on the site for help with registration and user accounts.
    It didn't have a nospamaddy prefix to it.

Those are pretty ignorant comments coming from moderators here. :confused: I'm pretty shocked actually!!
    There is no call for that kind of attitude. I was asking a simple question .. it doesn't paint a very nice picture of your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I mean get over it because you're not going to loose a left testicle because the mail isn't checked regularly.

PM regi if you want to ask him something.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Bubby, people are responding this way because you came in with a quite hostile attitude, asking, basically "Why haven't I been served yet?"

It's similar to walking into a place, ringing a bell at the front desk and going "WHY ISN'T ANYONE SERVING ME, HUH?!"

Now if you were paying for a service, that's one thing, but Boards.ie is free. I'm sure the admins are quite busy people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

bubby wrote:
    There is no call for that kind of attitude. I was asking a simple question .. it doesn't paint a very nice picture of your team.
    As koneko says, it's free. If you want a guaranteed friendly attitude, and a smile and a helping hand, then you're gonna have to start paying me money.

But since you can't pay me for this, all you can do is bite me. Just remember that nobody's bottom line is at risk on this site. No-one gets paid, and no-one makes money. Most of us have jobs that make us money, so they take priority, and the admins have busy jobs (except for ecksor, he's a student bum).

I'm not trying to be blunt here, but I don't know how to make it any clearer. If you snap your fingers at an admin demanding service, you're likely to have them broken off.

As koneko says, PM any of the admins (DeV rarely reads PMs that aren't replies to his own PMs because he gets so many, so any of the rest are the best choice). Failing that, if you have a general query, PM a moderator, and they'll direct you.

Just be patient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 woosaysdansma

Dreadful, dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I do often reply to emails sent to regi@boards.ie, but frankly, if you sound anything like 'bubbles', you are going to get ignored, sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

There's a history

Aw man. I didn't mean it to be interpreted that way at all at all. I'm sorry if my post appeared to be demanding. I appreciate all the work the mods do. I was just annoyed at the response "Get over it" to my original post/question, which was innocently posted.

I was pushing towards asking about contact pages in general and how I thought sites are supposed to give one. (Topic for another thread).
    I'm not even sure if that is true, I thought it was though.

Once again, I'm genuinely sorry for annoying all the mods who came in here this afternoon.

ppppps .. John .. I don't have any testicles to loose .. .. and if I did, I wouldn't tell anyone on this thread. :rolleyes: ha ha ha

ppppps I am not bubbles. Just read that wiki page. I would like to change my username again. Is there any way to carry over my posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

bubby wrote:
    ppppps I am not bubbles. Just read that wiki page. I would like to change my username again. Is there any way to carry over my posts?

Try sending an e-mail to regi@boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

pam wrote:
    Where's rep gone when you need it? :/

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

pam wrote:
    reputation_pos.gif tbh

Advertisement