Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA:SA First Impressions & reviews

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lyonsy

phenom wrote:
    As far as i know you have to reply afew times positively.
    Ya i've replied positively about 5 times and she says "ok sugar lets dance" or something but nothing happens... anyone else have this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

nope, see says lets dance then (maybe you have to turn and walk onto one of the little red circles?) a dancing games starts similar to the essay`s(sp!!) hydrolic car bouncing game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lyonsy

nope, see says lets dance then (maybe you have to turn and walk onto one of the little red circles?) a dancing games starts similar to the essay`s(sp!!) hydrolic car bouncing game

I step on the red circle, she says whats up, i respond positively, she says lets dance, nothing happens... a bug in my game perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Bodan

Just got my polits licence .... Woo Hoo !!!
    i was dying to use the planes , helicopters at Easter Bay airport.
    I thought the Juank Air's old airliners was the biggest plane , until i found a 737 in the hanger at Las venturas airport.The wingspan of the Juank air equals to the width of one wing on the 737.

Have i said today how much i like this game icon10.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Buck_Naked wrote:
    To my horror last night all I started getting was a disc read error. I nearly cried. I had visions of squabbling with a shop assistant over how I had treated the disc and then not getting a new copy until next week!! :eek:

You have your PS2 standing on it's side? If so you'll get the same problem again. GTA:SA disks are of very low quality and are easily scratched. It seems to happen when people have their PS2's on their side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

lyonsy wrote:
    Can someone help me out here:

I'm stuck on the first OG Loc mission where he tells you to go to the beach party and get a sound system it says that you're ment to go and talk to the DJ, but when i go up to the red circle the DJ just says "hey baby wanna dance?" and you get an option to anwser positively or negatively, if you do either the DJ just says something and nothing else happens, am i missing something? or is there a bug in my game?

I'm going to correct myself here: it's not three times you have to ask her, it just took me three times to figure out I was beign stupid:

She asks: hey how are you doing or something
    You do: POSITIVE answer #1
    Then she says: OK you should dance to impress me or something or "Let's Dance"
    You do: nothing like me for first two attempts until you realise you have to a POSITIVE answer #2 or else the conversation is over and the red mission circle around the van reappears.

Yes it looks like it should just start after you respond positive the first time but you need to answer both of her sentences positively (although it's easy to just sit back and go well WTF is going on, nothing's happened, etc., etc., ). Rockstar maybe should have put an icon on the screen for these times to indicate that a response is needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

I'm going to correct myself here: it's not three times you have to ask her, it just took me three times to figure out I was beign stupid:

She asks: hey how are you doing or something
    You do: POSITIVE answer #1
    Then she says: OK you should dance to impress me or something or "Let's Dance"
    You do: nothing like me for first two attempts until you realise you have to a POSITIVE answer #2 or else the conversation is over and the red mission circle around the van reappears.

Yes it looks like it should just start after you respond positive the first time but you need to answer both of her sentences positively (although it's easy to just sit back and go well WTF is going on, nothing's happened, etc., etc., ). Rockstar maybe should have put an icon on the screen for these times to indicate that a response is needed.

same thing happened to me but i ended up trying it 4 or 5 times with no clue wat i was meant to be doing and ended up shooting up the beach party which automatically failed the mission,but hey it was fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

You have your PS2 standing on it's side? If so you'll get the same problem again. GTA:SA disks are of very low quality and are easily scratched. It seems to happen when people have their PS2's on their side.

No I have and always have had it flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Jaeger

VinnyL wrote:
    what a game. nuff said.

stayed up in me college gaff on friday to play it all evening!!

couldnt get up for 9 o clock lectures all week, but i got my arse to gamespot at half 8 on friday you bet ya!

anyone else think the first few missions, haircut and spraycans, are a bit unnessesary?
    Unnecessary? You mean you don't want to DO more, PLAY more GTA? BLASPHEMER!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

A quick one for you guy's!

Can anyone tell me what the backpack is that can be picked up during the mission where you have to protect the helicopter on top of the mountain?

Is it a parachute and if so how is it deployed??

Thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yep, its a paracute, jump from something high, press circle, ta da!

dont press circle to quickly tho, otherwise you will get very bored!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

same happens when you go near the two aircraft carriers in san fierro.
    Are you sure there's 2 carriers in San Fierro and you're not just mistaking a cargo ship for one ? I've only seen one anyway.

edit: btw, does anybody know where to find the hunter in the game ? The hydra is pretty cool and all but it's not quite the same. I have all the missions done so I thought it would be at one of the military bases like in VC but no sign of it yet.

edit2: It's ok, google turned up "How to unlock the Hunter: To unlock this you need to get all gold awards in Pilot School. It will be spawned at the Verdant Meadows Airstrip."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Only start playing it yesterday,
    All ive gotten so far are a few "respect earned"
    gr8 game tho lookin 4ward to playing it!!!!

Advertisement