Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is airbag light on an nct failure?

Options
  • 27-10-2004 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

The airbag srs light is on on my dash. Nct is tomorrow, is this a failure? 2 people I spoke to said that their cars passed with the srs kight on. Anyone got a definitive answer. I thought it was loose wires in steering wheel, but I fixed them and its still on, and I have run out of time.... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

sorry I dont have a definite answer but I would severely doubt its a failure seeing as most older cars wouldnt have an airbag in the 1st place. Don;t fret it, just do the test anyway as the retest for that will be free (requires visual inspection only).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Thanks, Ill just send it in so. Then I can sell it , woo hoo..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

You can always take the bulb out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

g/f's car has that pron and failed as is problem with cars cpu or so she was told, would have cost300 to replace so just got local mechanic to doctor it and it passed

E.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Johnnycabs wrote:
    sorry I dont have a definite answer but I would severely doubt its a failure seeing as most older cars wouldnt have an airbag in the 1st place

That argument doesn't hold, I'm afraid

Cars that originally didn't have seatbelts pass the test, but cars with broken seatbelts don't ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

They dont fail for it!
    My car passed the nct after a retest for something else the light was on for the test and retest ,nothing was even said to me about it!

too much grief to get in at bulb to take it out and cant put tape over it cause it covers 3 other warning lights that come on when ignition is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I had that problem when i bought my civic - airbag light staying on. I called into the Honda dealer - young apprentice arrived out and plugged a handheld device into a wiring loom behind the glove box and reset the cars cpu - free of charge.
    I met the previous owner after that and he said the problem started after he had left the lights on one night and completely drained the battery. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

I had that problem for a while too (2002 clio) and I was told that it's not so much a nct thing as an insurance thing. Apparently if you have an accident and they can prove your airbag light was on they can void your insurance. Granted the mech coulda been spoofin me so I'd pay him to do the work - funny thing was all the work was an insurance claim so I didn't pay him - my insurance company did *lol* so I didn't really care :)

..itll probably fail on something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Kersh wrote:
    The airbag srs light is on on my dash. Nct is tomorrow, is this a failure? 2 people I spoke to said that their cars passed with the srs kight on. Anyone got a definitive answer. I thought it was loose wires in steering wheel, but I fixed them and its still on, and I have run out of time.... :(

Did you get the ECU checked for errors by the dealers??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

zapata wrote:
    I had that problem when i bought my civic - airbag light staying on. I called into the Honda dealer - young apprentice arrived out and plugged a handheld device into a wiring loom behind the glove box and reset the cars cpu - free of charge.
    I met the previous owner after that and he said the problem started after he had left the lights on one night and completely drained the battery. :rolleyes:
    u don't need handheld for ECU reset

Checked ecu myself, no codes in that or in tcu.

Failed....but not cos of airbag light. Nearside steering rack gaiter, and window washers not strong enough. Ah well, not bad for 13 year old car.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Modified-IRL

So a new CV boot and new motor for the window wipers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Kersh wrote:
    Failed....window washers not strong enough. QUOTE]

WHAAAATTT? Oh this gets better every day - in a country where it never stops raining? Are the jets just jammed with goo and are they going to charge a full retest to pass you? Probably if they have to get under the car to check the gaiter..... Thieving NCT langers.

'c

When the tester told me the washers were not working I said that they were, to which he replied...they are not strong enough. But still have to get the gaiter checked. Ah well. :rolleyes:

Advertisement