Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCCP Tshirts

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Where did I say I didn't want to read it? I'm simply saying that if I could stab you in the eye I would. Valid discussion or not, I find it pathetically stupid, and argumentative for the sake of an argument. The two of you. Therefore I'd like to stab you both in the eye! Nothing wrong with that.

:) right back at ya...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

:) right back at ya...

Damn. There was me hoping for an argument about stabbing you in the eye!

Dr. Loon wrote:
    Damn. There was me hoping for an argument about stabbing you in the eye!

i'm game if you are???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

wow you're good... you fool... :rolleyes:
    Sorry normally I wouldn't care less about a persons spelling ( mine is crap too ) it's just that you suggested I use a dictionary so I had that idea fresh in my mind.
    It is actually a buddist symbol... c'mon please... you'd want to be on another planet not to know its true meaning...
    You misspelled Hindu, since your not on an another planet I'm presuming that was a typo ;)
    Although it was also used by those damn nazis as well. so it is also a symbol of opression, mass murder and down-right evil. Im sure if you offered this t-shirt to a jew to wear they wouldn't think it meant luck...
    Probably not but if you show it to a hindu they would probably see something different. That's the thing about symbols they evolve and change. Who's to say that in 50 years time kids wont be going around with swastikas on their t-shirts ( if they can be made to look good ) and that CCCP wont be just like GAP - another brand in a sea of brands. Like many other things symbols evolve and change, if we had to know the history of everything we ever come across in our daily life we would never leave the classroom.
    yes i did... education... you see... didnt have to use google like you... muppet...
    I knew what it was, I had to google for the images. I wouldn't bother suggesting you use Google though because you already know everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I didn't say that. I said by just buying clothes because they look good you can inenvertingly promote something.. simple...

Eircom on the front of the shirt... you are promoting eircom..

Do you understand the term promotion? I beginning to think you do not.. go get a dictionary.. it might help to explain the terms a little better for you... :rolleyes:

It kind of reminds me of you saying Eircom so much in one thread. I cant get it out of my mind now. In fact Im going to ring them up and purchase some Eircom products.

• Advertisement

Sorry normally I wouldn't care less about a persons spelling ( mine is crap too ) it's just that you suggested I use a dictionary so I had that idea fresh in my mind.
    yes so you would understand the term.. not the spelling. i dont really care about the spelling....
    You misspelled Hindu, since your not on an another planet I'm presuming that was a typo ;)
    I didnt type hindu anywhere... i may have mispelled buddhist though.. ;)
    Probably not but if you show it to a hindu they would probably see something different.
    of course but we are not a buddhist nation. In our culture is not a symbol of well being as it is for buddhists.
    That's the thing about symbols they evolve and change. Who's to say that in 50 years time kids wont be going around with swastikas on their t-shirts ( if they can be made to look good ) and that CCCP wont be just like GAP - another brand in a sea of brands. Like many other things symbols evolve and change, if we had to know the history of everything we ever come across in our daily life we would never leave the classroom.
    I dont think that kids will be wearing that in fairness. There hasn't really been a symbol like the swastika that has meant so much bad feeling and evilness to a planet than the swastika has... Nobody will ever forget the third reich or the nazis unfortunately..

Im not talking about knowing a complete history of a symbol or phrase etc. An idea of what it means is enough. Enough to say to someone, i know a bit about what i am wearing...
    I knew what it was, I had to google for the images. I wouldn't bother suggesting you use Google though because you already know everything.

oh yeah... just for the pics?? ;)

I am google...

It kind of reminds me of you saying Eircom so much in one thread. I cant get it out of my mind now. In fact Im going to ring them up and purchase some Eircom products.

it was an example... start with one example and stick with it...

eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom
    eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom eircom

I didnt type hindu anywhere... i may have mispelled buddhist though.. ;)
    Na I was messing :D the symbol was originally Hindu and then the Buddys decided to use it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Are you telling me that you would buy a t-shirt with a symbol or face of a person without actually not knowing about its meaning?
    I would. So long as it looked kool I wouldn't give a flying fcuk. Sure then I would never buy anything cause I'd have to go & research the possible hidden meaning/inuendo of every piece of clothing I'm considering buying.
    Here's a nice t-shirt I might buy
    a192_a_02.jpg
    icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

fletch wrote:
    I would. So long as it looked kool I wouldn't give a flying fcuk. Sure then I would never buy anything cause I'd have to go & research the possible hidden meaning/inuendo of every piece of clothing I'm considering buying.
    Here's a nice t-shirt I might buy

not a particularly PC t-shirt now is it???

You know the meaning of what that stands for.. buying it would just be ignorance at its finest...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I think the t-shirt might be referring to the autobahn, maybe the volkswagen, possibly even the space program. What's wrong with that? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

You know the meaning of what that stands for.. buying it would just be ignorance at its finest...
    Do you understand sarcasm :rolleyes:

Dave wrote:
    I think the t-shirt might be referring to the autobahn, maybe the volkswagen, possibly even the space program. What's wrong with that? :p

doesn't really outweigh all the 'bad things'

fletch wrote:
    Do you understand sarcasm :rolleyes:

[sarcasm]eh no... :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

fletch wrote:
    a192_a_02.jpg
    Lol :D that's a good one
    It's funny. Laugh.
    Are you telling me fletch is a nazi? Most people seeing that on the streets of Dublin would laugh. You need to lighten up A LOT.
    doesn't really outweigh all the 'bad things'
    You may want to look up Humour aswell as Sarcasm :)

I'm not saying he's a nazi. He just has to be aware that it may offend other people. Too many people only think of themselves and not of others... seems to be a major problem in ireland these days... not nazism... ignorance...

I can see the funny side of it, but i wouldn't wear a t-shirt proclaiming about all the good things hitler did....

Advertisement