Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

idiotic phrases you hear in the workplace

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

ishnid wrote:
    Why can't these people just say what they mean?
    because they need to maximise their leverage capabilities in terms of self-perpetuation. This has long term advantages in minimising the personal negative effect when a business needs to be streamlined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

milltown wrote:
    A classic from the Mc.Donalds training manual, I'm told:

"Teamwork makes the dream work"

Aaaaah!

Who told you this?
    Go on admit it it was your supervisor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I heard one once: "there's no 'I' in team spirit"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Jack Feeney

From a fleeting insight into Human Resource Management BS:

Considering our synergy and strategic fit, we may need to look at core competencies, best practices and overall bottom line. Lets revisit that 24/7, stay in the loop and benchmark so we get a win-win situation. Its not just about fast-tracking proactive remedies, its about empowering knowledge bases, which at the end of the day, must be client-focused and client-driven. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Blub2k4 wrote:
    Who told you this?
    Go on admit it it was your supervisor.

I WISH I had such a motivating supervisor. Unfortunately the Mc.Donalds job will remain a dream while I'm stuck here trying to empower the core dynamic by leveraging blah, blah blah ..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I want solutions not issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

milltown wrote:
    I WISH I had such a motivating supervisor. Unfortunately the Mc.Donalds job will remain a dream while I'm stuck here trying to empower the core dynamic by leveraging blah, blah blah ..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

When I worked in a call centre, (the worst one ever, its in Park West) I often imagined McDonalds to be a better place to work. given the crap that we had to put up with, and the idiot speak listed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

the Guru wrote:
    I want solutions not issues

How's about ten teaspoons of salt into 1 liter of water for a solution?

bumdebum tsschhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~thinkzoo/profiles/sorcha.shtml

You have all been exposed to the wonders of ThinkZoo.com ? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

"theres no I in team"
    "no but theres a U in FU(K OFF NOW"

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

stagolee wrote:
    "theres no I in team"

but there is a "m" + "e".. which is me. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

alleepally wrote:

I agree with the GOING FORWARD sentiment. That has to be THE most annoying and pointless phrase.

I cannot agree more!

What other way are you going to deal with?

GOING BACKWARDS?????

Oh so we've mastered time travel now have we!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hehehe I am guilty of some of these.

I get slagged in work for using "Heads Up" and "Singing from the Same hymn sheet" alot.

I used to work in the Sales Team for a now departed Multinational and the training they gave us had these gems (which can be seen in the classic movie Glengarry Glenross)

ABC - Always be closing
    AIDA - Attention Interest Decision Action
    KISS - Keep it Simple Stupid (this one is actually good advice!)

I still carry the mental scars to this day !!!

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

"Come here till I want you!"

Supervisor over the phone
    "Can you come into work today?" HAHAHAHAHAHA....no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kaiser piggy

jeez we're in such a matrix.. just spent the lest 10 mins reading this and laughing soooo much. and then JUST now, on Friends, E4 on in the background, Chandlers boss says "there's no I in Team"... "Bing!" and slaps his ass.... ok ok anyone else think thats just a coincidence?? hmm? ok just me then... carry on...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭madmorphy

Head tech to a group of us lowly techs after a meeting with de MANAGEMENT

"It's not good enough to do the work anymore,we have to draw them pictures now as well" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

not technically 'motivational' speak but was talking to someone recently who said that his manager told him with a complete stoneface that when discussing his pay review his pay increase of 0% was going to be backdated to January!! : :D

Am extremely guilty of using 'at the end of the day' used to work in a call centre and had an awkward customer on and realised I said it to them 5 times in the space of 1 minute or thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

What does going forward mean/in what context is it used?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Miss Mann

"That's sexual harassment"

xx

Advertisement