Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Tribune Interviews Sir Tony

Options
  • 27-10-2004 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

Sunday Tribune Puff Piece
    (The link is a pdf with the article scanned in )
    The Tribune owned by Independent News and Media have a great interview with Sir Tony about why the regulator needs to ne nicer to Eircom and how Eircom really care for the Irish Consumer. I wish he had a paypal account so I could throw him a few shillings. Good ole Sir Tony

Yes Ripwave I know he can only be called "Sir" in the Empire but I like to say it with an inbuilt sneer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I refuse to read anything Sir Tony has to say on any subject, as in these here parts of the wild west. He is called a Turncoat for accepting a knighthood from a British monarch.

Personally, I refer to him as "The Traitor" , and that newspaper should be called: The Sunday TRIBUTE !. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Paddy20 wrote:
    The Sunday TRIBUTE !. :(

Paddy, I do love you so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

I've never read such disgusting propaganda in all my life.

He's awfully chuffed with his own performance at the AGM, reckons he's now "set the record straight" about the company's existence as a public company. Its a shame the SEC filing shows him to be hiding the truth.
    In his view, the company has been "overly picked on and picked over" and "over-regulated"
    That sounds like something a hurt child would say...

Eircom seem to be doing a lot of "pleading" in the press recently. We've had Mr. McRedmond issue a thinly veiled plea for government money to rollout broadband to the regions and now we have Tony with his "plea for fairness" to be let back into the mobile phone playground.
    [In response to speculation that he may not see out his term as Chairman due to his other interests] "I've done what a chairman should do for Eircom" he said. "If we can get successfully back into mobile, through whatever route, I might be justified in saying that my work is done.
    Jaysus, a god amongst men. Is it too late to nominate him for a Netvisionary Award...?

Its a bullshít, "back-patting" article from one of his employees and should be treated with the disrespect it deserves.

Viking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

viking wrote:
    Its a bullshít, "back-patting" article from one of his employees and should be treated with the disrespect it deserves.

Amazing how a Sunday Tribune journalist could perform a colonic irrigation with his tongue .....far beyond the call of duty that when a peck on both cheeks normally suffices :eek:

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Muck wrote:
    .....far beyond the call of duty that when a peck on both cheeks normally suffices
    Eamonn Dunphy shoulda done the interview so...

Viking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Letters for publication should be sent to: letters@tribune.ie

Advertisement