Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Scuse me while I kiss this guy!

• 27-10-2004 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

http://www.kissthisguy.com/index.html

Probably made appearances here before but it's due a fresh airing I think.

Mis-heard song lyrics archive. Funny to see that other people have heard the same lyrics in songs that I have. Worrying though to see people manage to mis-hear lyrics that are also the name of the song.

Annoying "do you want to install.." pop up when you open it first but it gets the message after a few clicks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Scuse me while I kiss the Sky.... guess!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Yeah but legend has it that Jimi himself was the author of that one. While singing Kiss the sky at a gig he sang the line "'scuse me while I kiss this guy" and planted a smacker on the cheek of his bass player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

FFS... All it poped up was "To install the latest AT- Game updates, click yes..."

Fuckers...

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Purple haze, great track. Didn't know that about kissing Noel Redding!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I have a few different versions of Purple Haze and he clearly says 'kiss this guy' in one of them.

Now to look up Nirvana and see what the hell he was singing about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Lump wrote:
    FFS... All it poped up was "To install the latest AT- Game updates, click yes..."

Yeah, that sucks, i just knew i'd have to close every browser window. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

rofl at the people using IE :)
    that popup dosnt happen on other browsers

from looking at the screensops on the after hours post recently i thought most boards uses had changed to firefox , i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

hehehe yeah i saw that
    my favourite song was pearl jam's glorified g.
    people thought the lyrics said 'four or five virgins and a pelican'
    the lyrcis are actually 'glorified version of a pellet gun'

four or five virgins and a pelican?!?
    i mean i couldn't quite figure the lyrics out when i first heard it, but i mean how the hell could you think those were proper lyrics? :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yes, well I installed firefow on two seperate occasions and both times it killed my connection.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Lump wrote:
    Yes, well I installed firefow on two seperate occasions and both times it killed my connection.

John
    How exactly did a standalone browser, not integrated with the operating system, kill your connection?

Back on topic, when I was young I thought that in Free's "All Right Now", they sang:

"Now don't you worry or hesitate, Let's move before they raise the f**king roof!"

.. whereas they, of course, actually sang "let's move before they raise the parking rate!"

but then again, I did have a hearing problem when I was young...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I used to think the Beatles were singing "yellow matter custard dripping from a dead dog's eye"!

I was at a Peter Kay gig once and he was doing this. He played a bit of "We Are Family" over and over and nobody could disprove his theory that they were singing "Just let me staple the vicar".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I used to think the Beatles were singing "yellow matter custard dripping from a dead dog's eye"!

There's a reason for that...
    Let me think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Bard wrote:
    How exactly did a standalone browser, not integrated with the operating system, kill your connection?

maybe he means firefox just didnt work for him ( proxy settings maybe? )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I have a few different versions of Purple Haze and he clearly says 'kiss this guy' in one of them.
    likewise.
    might upload a sample later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I looked up Billie Jean (M. Jackson) as 2 of the lines in that i know i always heard wrong..
    I always thought he sang "dont go around making little girls hot! instead of "Dont go around breaking little girls hearts!" That one i figured out about a year ago.. last week though my wife was singing along to it in the car on the radio and when she sang it i got the next part. "She's just a girl who claims that I am the one,
    But the kid is not my son" I always thought it was "She's just a girl who claims that I am the one,
    Be Jealous not my son" :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Bard wrote:

but then again, I did have a hearing problem when I was young...

What?

Haha i jape. Anyways yes that pop up is annoying so i checked it on Firefox and bingo.

Yeh that sites pretty cool. Heard about it before but i was afraid of my parents lookin at the history and seeing kissthisguy.com :confused:;)

Advertisement