Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jurrasic Park 3

• 21-07-2001 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭

Anyone seen it, got any comments?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

saw it last night.
    same os the first two.
    what more could you expect about an island with dinosaurs !
    entertaining a leave your brain out side kinda way. its visually stunning, the scene with the 2 really big dinos fighting is very impressive, and the raptors were pretty cool, but its still JP1 with extra dino close up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Yeah, its exactly what you would expect from a Jurassic Park movie, dino's, running, preachy bit about playing God, them more running. But the film moves at a cracking pace which is always a good thing, and im a big fan of Sam Neill, so i have to say i enjoyed it.

Who is The Beefy King ?

Owing to an administrative error, the Pope had been replaced by Lemmy from Moterhead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by plastic membrane:
    preachy bit about playing God</font>

Well, come on, how stupid can some movie-script characters be? Well, before they get eaten whole anyway.

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Conorisco

I seen it yesterday and thought it was really good much better than the second.The effects were brilliant. But the absence of Chrichten and Spielberg took its tool on the plot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The usual JP fare but I quite liked it smile.gif

What I didn't get is why the Brontosauras has camo on it's hide. It's gigantic **** is 80ft tall - a bit of camo isn't going to cut it. biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

I saw it aswell and while I was impressed, the length of the movie is what got me - its an hr and 15 minutes.
    Hardly Cinema stuff - especially when we pay £5.80 nowadays for a seat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭BNC

An hour 15mins? for £5.80! jeez i'd want my árse to go numb for that price biggrin.gif (from sitting people!! smile.gif)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

According to Entertainment Ireland's review it's 86 minutes long... which is still damn short by today's standards.

A quote from that review doesn't make it sound *too* appealing:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Technically, the special effects are remarkable - especially the flying dinos - but, unlike the original, there's no soul or sense of wonder at the heart of this film. Instead, one is left with the impression that the narrative and dialogue simply exist to provide links for the (predictable) action sequences. A shame, really.
    </font>

Bard
    Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

i thought it was really cool! that big dino fight was class, but i was a bit confused about the flyin dino's, didn't they only eat fish?? confused.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

[This message has been edited by azezil (edited 26-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I enjoyed it, but then again I'm a big dyno fan. Have to say I got a good giggle out of the scene 'Don't... anybody... move...'

If you haven't seen it, then it's worth a look if you're a dino fan. If you're expecting a deep plot, don't do it.

If you are remotely unsure whether or not you like Tea Leoni, don't go, because she is the MOST irritating COW through the ENTIRE film and I just wanted to smack her in the mouth by the end of it.

<sigh> that's better. biggrin.gif

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

It was an empty film.. just more better loking dinos and smater.. or what ever..VERY SHORT.. just through them back on the island really..

Jp 1 had a story to it and every thing that was a good film as for jp3 pointless and storyless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i didn't want to go see it because i would be totally supporting the money makers.. its like going to see Home Alone 6.. it makes me feel like a sucker.

But, Planet of the Apes was sold out, so i had nowhere else to go.
    It was exactly as I expected.. but the ending is SUCH a joke... i think it was the worst ending i have ever seen, they must have run out of money or time and had to rush it. and the dinosaurs speak english!
    <jparkman> quaaaaaaak
    <raptor> quack?
    <jparkman2> say "Help"
    <jparkman1> queeeeeelp
    <raptor> redface.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

I reckon there will be a fourth movie with the pterodactyls invading New York. Hows about this for a title: Jurassic Park 4 Wings of Ptera biggrin.gif yuk, yuk

Advertisement