Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts day-Wha?

Options
  • 27-10-2004 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

What's the deal with this Arts day tomorrow?I heard there's no lectures.What the hell are we in for then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

we're not
    dont bother going in if you dont want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Or if there's gonna be anything good on.
    Although every faculty day sucks except science, no matter how hard they try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

:confused:

Ok so no lectures...but what about tutorials?
    Im taking an 'arts' elective and supposed to have a tutorial tommorow...until I heard about Arts day today.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

MNG of course there are lectures! There are lectures every Arts day. You did this on purpose you little scamp. Getting all those freshers excited. Naughty

And welcome back stranger

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What the flip? Talk about a time warp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Obviously there'd be lectures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

heeeeeeeloooooooo.......med day!We're the only ones who run into lectures in Trinity shouting 'UCD'!Eh actually thats a bit sad when I come to think of it but its jolly good fun nontheless! :)

MNG!he's back!yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

arts day is great everyone goes to the bar and gets drunk. Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Eh hate to burst your bubbles....
    But I'm pretty sure lectures are on today. I had Economics this morning.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

^ We discovered that one back in 2004....;)

(check the thread date...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Poor Student

Arts Day used to include lectures off up to a few years ago but they realised no one bothered to come in for it so there's no lectures off anymore. Apart from all other posters being culled to make way for the oversaturation of Arts Days ones, I didn't see any evidence of the festivities. Seemed like any other day in UCD.

wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

not great tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Arts Day used to include lectures off up to a few years ago but they realised no one bothered to come in for it so there's no lectures off anymore. Apart from all other posters being culled to make way for the oversaturation of Arts Days ones, I didn't see any evidence of the festivities. Seemed like any other day in UCD.

Ah there was LOADS of random stuff on.. full credit to ArtSoc for putting in the spadework I say

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

All i saw was a few guys dressed as pink dinosaurs

well done to Regan and the team at Arts Soc.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wilde

Although Art's soc made a huge effort, fair play to them, Unless you went looking for stuff you wouldn't have been aware it was on. More advertising or more events near the newman building would have helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭dhaddock

Dave McSavage was brill too and for free!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

No every faculty day sucks unless you're in the faculty. Who wants to just hang around with a load of strangers getting hugely drunk?

I saw so many non Arts students supporting arts day! I was actually quite shocked at the turn out in the bar. And then they got kicked out at like 10 for that ****e that was on instead! I've never felt the student bat rumble before from such awful music

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Indeed, though I kinda disagree - whilst im in the same school as meds, we don't necessarily have a lot to do with each other but the last two years i've had a great med day. I've had great times and great conversations.

As Ms Walsh used say 'you get out of it girls what you put into it.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

gubbie wrote: »
    I saw so many non Arts students supporting arts day! I was actually quite shocked at the turn out in the bar. And then they got kicked out at like 10 for that ****e that was on instead! I've never felt the student bat rumble before from such awful music

Who was playing?Must admit theres been an extortionate amount of elctro/dance acts playing in the student bar this year and last.Wheres aslan,the saw doctors and dodgy tribute acts that filled the student bar in my day.Down with these 'cool' electro dance nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

The stone roses experience played last night - they weren't half bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Ballboy

Aslans on in 2 weeks!!

Advertisement