Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match stick dogs/match stick men

Options
  • 27-10-2004 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this song has been re done but was looking for the name of the original singer/title so I can do a search

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

If this is the song about LS Lowry, then Brian & Michael were the duo. Number one in the UK in 1978. Full title: "Matchstalk Men And Matchstalk Cats And Dogs"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks for the fast reply DMC :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Jaysus, I really hated that effin' song, and now having seen the thread title I'll have the blasted thing going around in my head all night :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Nay bother! :D

Sorry Zaph but you can blame the other half :eek: , I did a quick search on "allofmp3 but no joy. Can anyone point me in the direction of an online site with it?, I see Foster&Allen did a re-mix but I am looking for the original

Thks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

look for an album called "Cheggars Choice" i think it is on that.

Album Cheggar's Choice
    Artist Various

loads of cheesy records on it

And he takes his brush and he waits
    Outside them factory gates
    And paints his matchstalk men and matchstalk cats and dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Ah, memories. I used to do a singalong gig every Monday night in Walkinstown and this lovely old man would get up every single week to sing that song. I never grew tired of it, it was all in his delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

robbie1876 wrote:
    Ah, memories. I used to do a singalong gig every Monday night in Walkinstown and this lovely old man would get up every single week to sing that song. I never grew tired of it, it was all in his delivery!

Can we expect a cover version on the album? ;)

One hit wonder for Brian And Michael in 1978 as alread stated It stayed in the charts for Yonks. One of those songs you find youself sining along to even if you don't want to. Well i do anyway .

Thanks Billy will do a search

I heart a cover version of Captain Sensible's happy talk during the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

No shame in that, it's a great track! Honest! There's been a few covers of that track, and I love them all. Do you know who was covering the one you heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Captain Sensibles Happy Talk is itself a cover. Happy talk is a song from the Rogers and Hammerstein musical South Pacific.

robbie1876 wrote:
    No shame in that, it's a great track! Honest! There's been a few covers of that track, and I love them all. Do you know who was covering the one you heard?

it was on the box every half an hour but i didn't catch the artist.

Advertisement