Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc alarm/shuts down

Options
  • 27-10-2004 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

the other day i took out the ide cable from the back of the cd rom drive in my pc , the reattached it closed the case (pc plugged out no power) and turned it on, everything was fine until the pc shutoff and i got the hardware alarm.No probs i though, probably knocked something out , so reattached everthing , pc boots up fine into windows, reads the hard drives/ram fine ,cpu fan active , but can work away on the pc for about an hour to 2 hours then the whole thing shuts off and the hardware alarm goes off again! weird, just reset the bios to see if that helps, any other ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Sounds like it possibly overheating ..did you knock the HSF at all? Is the fan spinning properly on it and all the time.. try running a stress test like prime95 and watch the fan to see if its going slower or stops.

Advertisement