Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox 1.0 RC1

• 27-10-2004 11:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭

is here:

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.0rc1/

The roadmap says that 1.0 final will be released on November 11th.

This new version breaks all my extensions and themes. Hopefully updated extensions (like Adblock) will be out soon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i just installed it over 1.0PR

all my extensions and themes work no problem, one of which includes adblock

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Is it worth installing if it's not even posted on the main homepage yet? i.e. What do you gain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

plazzTT wrote:
    This new version breaks all my extensions and themes. Hopefully updated extensions (like Adblock) will be out soon.
    yeah. they should make the noia2 theme a firefox default... its just not the same without it

the orginal firebird theme Qute is the best one biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Bri wrote:
    What do you gain?
    I've been told that there are over 200 bug fixes, but I haven't been able to confirm that. There's no info at all on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,032 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You get a snazzy new satellite icon when you visit a site with a newsfeed instead of the old "RSS" which looked like it said "ASS".

Also that Find toolbar goes away when you visit a new page, before it used to stay open and bug you.

They're the 2 bug fixes I've noticed so far anyway. There's supposed to be rendering improvements as well.

Right I'll wait a day or so at least, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,032 ✭✭✭✭Stark

they should make the noia2 theme a firefox default... its just not the same without it

I find the noia2 theme sticks out too much against the default Windows Desktop. That was one of the things I didn't like about Mozilla classic. The default Firefox theme and the old Qute theme blend in perfectly with the rest of your desktop.
    the orginal firebird theme Qute is the best one

Yep :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I installed this over my PR installation earlier, and the only extensions it broke were the GMail Notifier (sob) and Tabbrowser Preferences.

Other than that, quite nice.

• Advertisement

The main site still hasn't a mention but the themes/extensions list has an update - http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/showlist.php?numpg=10&os=windows&version=1.0&submit=Update has 5 pages of extensions instead of the usual 17 for PR...

Edit: This sounds a bit negative - I'm just surprised it's updated already. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, if there has been an overhaul of the Chrome system, then it will take time for the extension developers to adapt their goods for the new system.

i heard of this working for some people.

1.type about:config in the address bar
    2.type app.extensions.version into the filter bar
    3.right click and modify the value from 1.0 to .10

Advertisement