Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port is open, but acting up!

Options
  • 27-10-2004 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've being running a VNC server (tightVNC) and an FTP server(XP pro IIS 5) from my PC for ages, but as of recently I can't access them outside my LAN, I checked all my LAN equiptment (netopia 3341 & linksys wrt54g) and restored the setting to configs I knew that were working, but still no luck.
    I decided to use auditmypc.com to check if my ports were open , the correct pors come up as open , but I can still not access them when I try to connect to my vnc server /ftp server remotely.
    I disabled the firewall on the server (MS XP PRO), but still no joy.

Now I'm bamboozled :confused: ! what can I do?

Do you have any ideas at all ?

Thanks folks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Problem fixed!

ok if your having the same prob as me just remove the port forwarding for all the devices and leav it 10 min and then try again!

you never know, maybe somebody somewhere will find this useful

Advertisement