Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ryanair telecom

Options
  • 28-10-2004 4:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hello,
    i was looking at their website

http://www.ryanairtelecom.com

and they seem to have very good local and national rates - much better than eircon and also better than esat, they also have really great international rates (3.95 c/min) to ten cuuntries including u.s. and u.k.

does anybody use them and do you know if they are compatible with telestunt with which i can get great international rates using 1890, 0818, and 1530 numbers.

p.s. another thing i like about ryanair is there's no contract unlike the new utv thing. you can cancel anytime.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

More suited to Net/Comms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I contacted them about their rates when they launched and they never got back to me with prices....
    We ended up using Skytel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Customers buy a set amount of landline credit (much like credit for a mobile phone). The amounts available are €40, €70 ( and €5 free) and €120 (and €10 free).

RyanairTelecom will only be relevant to customers with reletively high International call spends on a regular basis.

RyanairTelecom costs a minimum of €40 per top up.

Customers must pay by direct debit or via their credit card.

The top-up fee is billed in advance.

A 5c minimum call charge applies.

RyanairTelecom only offer per minute pricing

Local Loc-E 1.25
    Loc-W 1.25
    Nat-D 4
    National Nat-E 3
    Nat-W 1.25
    Vod-D 22
    Vodafone Vod-E 18
    Vod-W 14
    O2-D 22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mikecomer

the Guru wrote:

Local Loc-E 1.25
    Loc-W 1.25
    Nat-D 4
    National Nat-E 3
    Nat-W 1.25
    Vod-D 22
    Vodafone Vod-E 18
    Vod-W 14
    O2-D 22

i think i should update this list with the rates they quote on their site

loc & nat d- 2.48
    e&w 1.19
    all mob. d 18.95
    e 15.95
    w 12.95

plus your account is all handled on-line and is updated in real-time so you allways know where you stand. added to the fact that you can cancel anytime it seems fairly competitive all round.

i live with my parents and we had moved to esat but my mother was convinced by a "nice" eircon lady to move back , but it's such a rip-off that we really need to move again and this seems to be one of the best deels going, i'd welcome any other suggestions.

it all seems like a lot of trouble for a few euro considering i spend about 200 a month on fags but i hate the idea of paying them extra just because the run a semi-guilt trip on my mother.

thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

mikecomer wrote:
    hello,
    i was looking at their website

http://www.ryanairtelecom.com

and they seem to have very good local and national rates - much better than eircon and also better than esat, they also have really great international rates (3.95 c/min) to ten cuuntries including u.s. and u.k.

does anybody use them and do you know if they are compatible with telestunt with which i can get great international rates using 1890, 0818, and 1530 numbers.

p.s. another thing i like about ryanair is there's no contract unlike the new utv thing. you can cancel anytime.

Have been using them for about a year and they saved me a tonne of money. Most of my bill is calls to europe and the UK and they are by as cheep as Teleshunt or even cheaper.

gerard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Anything that gets you away from eircom is worth it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mikecomer

Have been using them for about a year and they saved me a tonne of money. Most of my bill is calls to europe and the UK and they are by as cheep as Teleshunt or even cheaper.

gerard

yes i agree during the day they're cheaper than telestunt but for evening and weekends telestunt would still be very handy - about 1.26 to a lot of countries. I'm fairly confident the telestunt numbers would be ok with ryanair and even if it doesn't work out it's easy enough to change again.
    thanks again for the replies. :D

Advertisement