Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox (Win32) and Java

• 28-10-2004 8:48am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭

I'm running Firefox on Windows XP Pro SP1. I can't seem to get java applets to work correctly on Firefox.

The auto-download simply directs me to the Sun Java site, which is little use as i've got the Sun J2SDK installed including the plugin for Internet Explorer.

Does anyone know how to make Firefox aware of my Java Runtime?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

You could check your Firefox options to see if Java is enabled. It should be in "Options" > "Web Features".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I have Firefox PR1 on XP Pro SP1 too.
    I was trying to download files from http://www.djmixes2k.com where they use Anti-Leech to protect their downloads.
    I downloaded J2SE 1.5 (runtime-only) from java.sun.com and restarted Firefox and it worked.

Maybe try visiting the djmixes2k site, click on one of the "Files 1-4" links and then choose "Java - Sun" option and see if a list of files to download appears.
    If it appears then Java is working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭pogcica

I have a similar problem in that my internet banking will not work, it seems to be trying to use java,which the site needs i suppose.I checked my options and java is enabled,it also shows it on the plug-in FAQ on the tool bar. I.E works fine with it. I think i have the not quite finished firefox version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Afaik, you need to install Java after you install Firefox. Its works fine in work for me, and this is what I did. Java crashes FF at home for me, and Java was installed first. It's not something I've investigated in any great details though, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,032 ✭✭✭✭Stark

To original poster:

Out of curiosity, what version of Firefox are you using? The plugin installation problem should be sorted in versions of Firefox 1.0 PR and up, if not it's a bug.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I have java working perfectly in my firefox. Try a clean install (saving your bookmarks etc of course :p)

Advertisement