Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VRT customs In BAllycoolin D15

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

dsab wrote:
    In many countries you insure the car, and not the driver itself. For example if you insure a car in germany it can be driven by anyone, and will always be insured.

/QUOTE]
    that;s right , everytime i visit my familly i can drive all the cars without paying for insurance :D
    Bogger77 wrote:
    Driving is a privilage, not a right! Breaking the rules, just cos you don't like them, is just the same attitude that causes people to run red lights, park in disabled zones (when they dont have blue badges), park in bus lanes, etc/QUOTE]

Obviously you are not paying 3.4k for insurance but there is always good chance that somebody from your family will and gets screwed in some stage , so I love to see you then saying it's world privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

ciasto wrote:
    What are you 90 yr?

I just said, that they brake the rules cause they don't have a choice not cause they don't like them! If they go out and buy a car here and try to insure it they will be told sorry we can't quote you cause you are not here long enough. Or we can't recognise you 30 yr no claim cause the weather is different in your country, or some other stupid reason. .

That's a crap argument. Oh, I don't earn €200,000 a year, I think i'll break the law by scamming or robbing a bank. It's the same difference.

If you can't get insured here, don't get a car, simple as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Gmodified wrote:
    Obviously you are not paying 3.4k for insurance but there is always good chance that somebody from your family will and gets screwed in some stage , so I love to see you then saying it's world privilege.

lets see, (with Axa)
    in 2000, I paid 3000 IR punts (on 2nd provo license)
    in 2001, I paid 2000 IR Punts
    in 2002, I paid 2600 Euro (unresolved claim, Motor Insurance Board)
    in 2003, I paid 2000 Euro
    in 2004, I paid 1000 Euro, claim above resolved.

So obviously, I've paid 3.5K as 3K IRP is 3.8K euro, and I was quoted 4.5 IRP by Quinn Direct at that time. Was 23 at the time, but Axa still quoted me.
    Car is a 02 1.4 VVTi Toyota Corolla, I had a Nice 00 Corolla, but that was written off by the dangerous and illegal driving on an uninsured driver.

Gmodified, grow up. Laws are laws, if you don't like them, lobby parliament to get them changed.

eth0_ wrote:
    That's a crap argument. Oh, I don't earn €200,000 a year, I think i'll break the law by scamming or robbing a bank. It's the same difference.

If you can't get insured here, don't get a car, simple as that!

OK ,not the best argument but high cost of insurance will encourage

some people to break the law. If they have option they will go for it and if we have cheap insurance or comparable to any other European countries then this wouldn't be a problem. High cost of insurance doesn't justify anybody to drive without insurance but if i had this option and could choose between paying 3 k for insurance and have German registered car (which is cheaper and there is no VRT) insured for 400 euro . Well, i would definitely drive German car as there is too much the gain then actually loose.

On the end you are insured and have better car adn could spend money on something better.
    Some rich guys are even worst as there is no sniff of tax on their luxury car's seen good few of them and you will be surprised what cars get crushed

shagman wrote:
    maybe some clever hacker can come up with a list of vehicles owned by insurance company personnell and have this distributed free with every purchase of Nikes so that only their cars are broken into/ nicked / vandalised / keyed / torched.
    And YES I am assuming that anyone who wears Nike is a car thief!

ahh yes, lets still/damage the cars of ordinary people working for a living. Now if you'd said the CEO's etc, maybe you'd have some sort of a point. All you'd do is raise the cost of insurance by multiple of 3 or 4. As of course, anyone who works in the insurance industry will be insured!

• Advertisement

Bogger77 wrote:
    [QUOTE=Gmodified
    lets see, (with Axa)
    in 2000, I paid 3000 IR punts (on 2nd provo license)
    in 2001, I paid 2000 IR Punts
    in 2002, I paid 2600 Euro (unresolved claim, Motor Insurance Board)
    in 2003, I paid 2000 Euro
    in 2004, I paid 1000 Euro, claim above resolved.

So obviously, I've paid 3.5K as 3K IRP is 3.8K euro, and I was quoted 4.5 IRP by Quinn Direct at that time. Was 23 at the time, but Axa still quoted me.
    Car is a 02 1.4 VVTi Toyota Corolla, I had a Nice 00 Corolla, but that was written off by the dangerous and illegal driving on an uninsured driver.

Gmodified, grow up. Laws are laws, if you don't like them, lobby parliament to get them changed.

You are paying this mad amount of money so you should do something, don't you think?

Not telling you to break the law but don't be a sheep. You don't have to do anything illegal to make difference but if we all sit on our ar$e and take things for granted, well then we are fvcked man

Gmodified wrote:
    You are paying this mad amount of money so you should do something, don't you think?

Not telling you to brake the law but don't be a sheep. You don't have to do anything illegal to make difference but if we all sit on our ar$e and take things for granted, well then we are fvcked man

1000euro is approx 650 Sterling. I'd be paying as much to have the same car in the UK, so whats your point. It's not mad money now, and I can afford it.

You've been encouraging people to break the law in virtually every post. Not paying road tax is breaking the law. Driving a car with questionable insurance or no insurance is breaking the law. end of story,

Bogger77 wrote:
    1000euro is approx 650 Sterling. I'd be paying as much to have the same car in the UK, so whats your point. It's not mad money now, and I can afford it.

You've been encouraging people to break the law in virtually every post. Not paying road tax is breaking the law. Driving a car with questionable insurance or no insurance is breaking the law. end of story,

he is paying 1000 euro after handling 9600 euro for 4 years insurance, would you pay this in UK for this amount of time?

NO!

Gmodified wrote:
    he is paying 1000 euro after handling 9600 euro for 4 years insurance, would you pay this in UK for this amount of time?

NO?

Would I have been able to drive in the Uk on a provisional learner license? NO
    Is the standard of roads as crap in the Uk as here? NO
    Do people run red lights over there like here? NO
    Do people get massive claims for nothing like here? NO
    and could go on and on.

Problem is that we have a screwed up system of provisional license holders on the roads, sh1te roads, drunk drivers, idiots who run into trams and fraudsters crawling to the 4 courts, and skipping and jumping all the way to the bank afterwards.

Of course, there's the small matter that the government forces all insurance companies operating there to hold massives reserves (after the pmpa crisis of the 80's). This means that a large percentage of the money they have on the balance sheet can't be touched.

And we have the MIB of Ireland, we have to pay a few % to them to cover your friends, the uninsured driver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

Gmodified wrote:

Not telling you to brake the law but don't be a sheep. You don't have to do anything illegal to make difference but if we all sit on our ar$e and take things for granted, well then we are fvcked man

If I were a Cop I would arrest you I have paid nearly 25K in the last 6 years to drive here.

Yes I dont like it but it is the law and if you don't like it leave.

this is not france or any other european state this is ireland.

Personally I would lift all LV /PL / LT cars etc plus the people who come to this country to work.

Why they are breaking the law and should have there cars scrapped unless the re-reg them and pay the duty and come the day this may happy our insurance may actually go down aswell a little

• Advertisement

woody wrote:
    If I were a Cop I would arrest you I have paid nearly 25K in the last 6 years to drive here.

Yes I dont like it but it is the law and if you don't like it leave.

this is not france or any other european state this is ireland.

Personally I would lift all LV /PL / LT cars etc plus the people who come to this country to work.

Why they are breaking the law and should have there cars scrapped unless the re-reg them and pay the duty and come the day this may happy our insurance may actually go down aswell a little

Yes, u right

-there is no way on earth or your mars that i will pay 25 k for 6 years of insurance,
    as long they are people like you believing in everything what they are told by insurance companies then this is the way it will be and your kids will be screwed too.

the same way foreign guys see window of opportunity, exactly the same way insurance looks at you.

as long the is the chance to rip off somebody they will do it, and don't mind high claims and other bull

or you make money in insurance business or you are gone.

Well no offense but you don' have to remind me that we live in Ireland as reading you post, it gives me impression that you are leaving in

SHEEPLAND,

you may have different circumstances but 25k doesn't justify it, no way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭ciasto

Bogger77 wrote:
    Would I have been able to drive in the Uk on a provisional learner license? NO
    Is the standard of roads as crap in the Uk as here? NO
    Do people run red lights over there like here? NO
    Do people get massive claims for nothing like here? NO
    and could go on and on.

Problem is that we have a screwed up system of provisional license holders on the roads, sh1te roads, drunk drivers, idiots who run into trams and fraudsters crawling to the 4 courts, and skipping and jumping all the way to the bank afterwards.

Of course, there's the small matter that the government forces all insurance companies operating there to hold massives reserves (after the pmpa crisis of the 80's). This means that a large percentage of the money they have on the balance sheet can't be touched.

And we have the MIB of Ireland, we have to pay a few % to them to cover your friends, the uninsured driver.

The problem is that people belive what you belive and take it up the a$se every year. Thats it, good doggy roll over now. But make sure your nice to the big insurance guy cause he might double your quote next year. Ooo lets be afraid every year to get the renewal through the door.

If we all accept it, then it means we are fine with it(you obviesly like paying this much) and nothing will ever change.

Look how much money you spent. If the insurance was cheaper you wouldn't have all this joyriding and uninsured driving or foreign cars. I was talking to a guy from europe, 21 yr old male on first insurance driving an SIR vtec crx and he is paying 280 a year but if he went with his mother he would pay 150.

Gmodified wrote:
    Some rich guys are even worst as there is no sniff of tax on their luxury car's seen good few of them and you will be surprised what cars get crushed

Actually when my family moved down from the North, after about 6 months customs came to our door to ask why my dad hadn't changed the plates on his Audi. He was exempt from paying VRT because he wasn't a permanent resident in Ireland, but there you go, does it placate you that they ARE always watching people and the DO go after high end cars?

Gmodified wrote:
    Yes, u right

-there is no way on earth or your mars that i will pay 25 k for 6 years of insurance,
    as long they are people like you believing in everything what they are told by insurance companies then this is the way it will be and your kids will be screwed too.

the same way foreign guys see window of opportunity, exactly the same way insurance looks at you.

as long the is the chance to rip off somebody they will do it, and don't mind high claims and other bull

or you make money in insurance business or you are gone.

Well no offense but you don' have to remind me that we live in Ireland as reading you post, it gives me impression that you are leaving in

SHEEPLAND,

I dont believe what they tell me but we have no choice and it is law to be taxed and insured

Gmodified wrote:

SHEEPLAND,

If you don't like the laws of Ireland and the cost of living here, the solution is really quite simple! Go back to your own country or move to one where THE MAN isn't "forcing" you to be a criminal, which is what you are, after all.

eth0_ wrote:
    If you don't like the laws of Ireland and the cost of living here, the solution is really quite simple! Go back to your own country or move to one where THE MAN isn't "forcing" you to be a criminal, which is what you are, after all.

Wow mister ethics here! Calling people criminals!

"Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone"- I think this is appropriate here.

Every country has something wrong with it its just that here there is everything wrong. If you talk to most young people all they want to do is get their education and get out cause there is nothing here for you, bar the rain of course.

You seen to like being a monkey, following every rule in the book. But the ones making the rules are above them and ignore them completely. I feel like I'm living in a third world country.

Come on have you ever jaywalked, paid your car tax late or got onto a bus lane a little too soon? If not you should run for pope!

woody wrote:
    I dont believe what they tell me but we have no choice and it is law to be taxed and insured

I see you have always being prim and proper and you never pupped into nappies. Toilet trained from day one, thats you!

Look pal pis5 of back to your own country, we have enough idiots here without adding to it.

your atitude is a typically gobsh1te forigener attitude well i hope you get destroyed by the cops or have a nice crash...

Ya brainless cretin

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

woody wrote:
    Look pal pis5 of back to your own country, we have enough idiots here without adding to it.

your atitude is a typically gobsh1te forigener attitude well i hope you get destroyed by the cops or have a nice crash...

Ya brainless cretin
    I believe you are supposed to attack the post not the poster.

MrP

woody wrote:

Ya brainless cretin

I am IRISH, so I'll go back to D5. You should visit my country sometime its very much like yours. If that is the case then this must be an Irish attitude.

• Advertisement

Well woody and Etho,

Looks you two guys are typical islanders locked in on own little worlds somewhere between bulmers apple garden and Carlsberg perfect world
    They are better ways of doing things out there but if you want to be typical donkeys without sense of outside world and minimal chance for progress. Well, can’t stop you . This is your choice and I respect it as you should respect my opinion(you don't have to agree to it)
    No body likes the truth but looks like you can’t handle it either.

So Woody, unfortunately you were shafted big time during this period of 6 years paying this insurance but at least you got your insurance down a bit. :) Hopefully, in years to come when your family asks some questions about their current situation and makes certain references to VRT or insurance /tax etc., you could proudly say it:

Yes, u get shafted too and this is the way it is as some people told me this is the way it is and no need to thank me , I did nothing really.

So if you want a change, then just learn something from this post and make some effort.

and this, oh man what an attitude:
    woody wrote:

Ya brainless cretin

You and Etho forget to mention that:
    Foreigners come here and take our jobs, women and if you go that
    way with your life they possibly will shaft you both ,too. Also u r right again as after reading your post ,totally agree that we have some idiots here already.So, before your post next time, think about something constructive and consider that one day you maybe foreigner too.Etho can lock the post later if this is the best that u can both come out with.

But don’t get excited guys and lets focus on the subject.

So if you read post again, i had made reference to customs and what I said was
    That it is unfair that some foreign reg cars are excluded from the process and hate to see some guys getting away where normal person gets screwed(and this also includes you if consider importing car) but obviously you don’t see it that way and both of you show great appreciation. , for which I am very grateful.

Anyway it’s simple, we keep rules for everybody or we get rid of them(maybe changed them) as you are not going to take advantage of it if nothing changes.

If there is the law, I like to see it enforced correctly as it doesn’t make sense in first place if big number of people get away with it. We don’t have to look far as there is huge number of people driving irish reg cars with no tax or insurance, So unless u two boyos move your butts there is not much point of complaining about as you did F@ck all to improve the situation .

U don’t play ,u can’t win

So, take the heads out of your ar$es and as Alias pointed out- The subject is licensing laws, which are not properly enforced which leads to the problem of some people abusing it as they seem to have more economical reason for it, and if you can’t get this, then maybe just stop posting as you may have reached your imagination limit.

Is your vision blurred so much that you can’t see a simple things ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

The VRT customs boys are outside Intel in Leixlip this morning!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Gmodified wrote:

???
    No insurance? What the hell you are talking about?:eek:

Car registered to your mum with you listed on policy, means you are insured. Not only owner could be insured to drive the vehicle.

A condition of insurance where you have a policy holder and named drivers is that the policy holder is the owner and keeper of the car or the primary user of the car. Now if the policy holder, ie your mother, is not resident in this country, and the car is here on foreign plates being driven primarily by someone other than her, then it shouldn't be too difficult to prove that she is not the primary user of the car, breaching a condition if the insurance, thus invalidating the insurance. Of course, if she is resident here, then it should just be lifted.

All it takes is one judge to make a pronouncement on a case like this and you've got legal precedant, oh that it would happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement