Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Infra Red Sauna

Options
  • 28-10-2004 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

I want to do something cool with one of my bathrooms. Intially we thought we'd put in a kickass jacuzzi, but then as I never and she rarely has baths, it wouldnt really be a clever way to spend money.

Then I saw this thing called a steam cabin. A shower, with jets coming from all angles to massage you all over, and also becomes a steam room to give you the sauna like experince. These cost any price. I heard the cheaper ones can cause problems after a couple of years, while the really good ones are really expensive - I've seen a top of the range one for €9,500! So I dont think I'll be getting one of those either!

At the Ideal Homes last weekend I saw these Infra Red saunas. Basically you plug them in and they give you a sauna through the use of infra red heaters. Not expesnive to run and all the literature said they were even better for you than the traditional type sauna. Cost about €3,000 for a two person one. Still a bit dear when you consider I'll still have to get an ordinary shower, but would anyone have any concerns (e.g. health) over being exposed to IR rays? The literature says its perfectly safe (actually very good for you) unless you've got MS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Benster

No expert am I, but aren't infra-red rays just "heat" anyway?

Advertisement