Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlon FX-53 For €455

Options
  • 28-10-2004 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

Just thought id let you know guys, there are athlon fx53 cpus (940) going for $579 (€455) brand new in the usa. Here is the link

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-437&depa=0

That is an extremly goo deal, and because the multipliers are unlocked, u get great overclocks with them.

Well i just though id let you know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

gline wrote:
    Just thought id let you know guys, there are athlon fx53 cpus (940) going for $579 (€455) brand new in the usa. Here is the link

Well i just though id let you know

for the first time the fx-53 is within my budget.....

whats the shipping like from the US?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

grimloch wrote:
    for the first time the fx-53 is within my budget.....

whats the shipping like from the US?
    Im not sure, but it would be worth it

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Tempting stuff. I had known about this a week and a half earliar I might of opted for it instead of upgrading second machine.....then again its only an oem version and if you don't get an AMD FX sticker with it to put on your rig then whats the point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

AFAIK newegg don't ship internationally, which is a pity as they've some good deals.

ding wrote:
    AFAIK newegg don't ship internationally, which is a pity as they've some good deals.
    Thats why i use an international shipper to get it for me, as for the sticker, feck that, i dont have a sticker for my fx, its a good bit extra for the retail version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's a great price. If I had the money i'd be tempted myself.

BloodBath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

sigh ..me too but i really cant..gotta save up for a new vid card now...its holding me back :p

yeh i wish i had d money aswell, that would fit snugly in my 2nd hand vapochill case, prob get it to 3ghz and beyond with a volt mod, if any1 has the money to buy one of these they definitly should, the FX is a KICKASS chip, i can vouch for that. Overclocks Beautifully and runs like lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 54,279 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

how much extra for shipping

It depends on how you are going to ship it in, the guy i use is very cheap and he puts a lower value on it so that i dont pay any import tax :D . If something is worth less than $200 import is free. Shipping for that should only be up to $20 insured shipping, as it is very light and it goes by weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Hmmm have a brother inlaw in LA and he always said that if i find a bargain give him a shout and he will get it delivered to him and then post it too me.....how do i justify over 400euro to missus.....hmmmm honey it only cost 100euro "promise"...great deal all the same

hope you dont mind me asking what fella do you use gline for shipping

ive bad news lads i contacted that website newegg they dont do shipping to other countries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I think that fact has already been established Snoop, that's why they are talking about having somebody already in the USA getting it on their behalf and then posting it on to Ireland. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

gline wrote:
    That is an extremly goo deal
    That's just what they want you to think!
    New processor, or package holiday... hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

No offence but i would go with a socket 939 mabye a 3500+ for $249 ish. Its pretty cheap and leaves alot of room from upgading and overclockingl Socket 940 is dead thats why there flogging the fx chips........

I wouldnt buy into it, wait a little bit............................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

duridian wrote:
    I think that fact has already been established Snoop, that's why they are talking about having somebody already in the USA getting it on their behalf and then posting it on to Ireland. :D

Snoop is not the quickest off the mark in fairness, as can be seen from the For Sale board. Don't slag him off - I can't think of a more deserving candidate to "recieve" an X800...*

*I can think of several, some of them war criminals.

SantaHoe wrote:
    That's just what they want you to think!
    New processor, or package holiday... hmmmm.
    I think i'll take the cpu, hahahaha. I use an international shipper. A guy over there, u pay him a 10% fee and he will buy it and ship it over, thats how i got my x800 MONTHS ago, it was also from newegg, socket 940 maybe dea, but it still kicks Asss. You would not be dissapointed if u got it

duridian wrote:

i didnt read all the post sorry

Got a nice deal on newegg ordered it today, a maxtor(ok i kno there has been problems with them) 200gig SATA harddrive for $100 and for an extra $25 i got a logitech wireless mouse and wired keyboard, Good deal i think :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Socket 940 is dead thats why there flogging the fx chips........

Prepare for a resurection then as the Dual Core cpu's will use socket 940. However single socket 940 motherboards are gone the way of the caveman for desktop use. Optrons still use them though :)

Well i have no problemo with my Socket 940 ;) Its S**t quick mate. well it would be at 2.75, heheheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Recently customs have tightened up importing from the US.

If it's over something like €30 you pay tax, plus customs, and they are taking pains to verify what exactly things coming in are worth.

That 455 could easily become €600 + shipping

since when man?? i had stuff shipped in a few weeks ago worth over €100 and it came through no bother, where did u hear this, i think the guy i use would have told me.

U mite wana check that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

gline wrote:
    since when man?? i had stuff shipped in a few weeks ago worth over €100 and it came through no bother, where did u hear this, i think the guy i use would have told me.

U mite wana check that
    Irish Independent on tuesday or wednesday.

wow, thats crap, ive just ordered stuff, damn i hope i dnt get majorly stung

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Recently customs have tightened up importing from the US.

If it's over something like €30 you pay tax, plus customs, and they are taking pains to verify what exactly things coming in are worth.

That 455 could easily become €600 + shipping

I hate this country so much.

BloodBath

BloodBath wrote:
    I hate this country so much.

BloodBath
    I hear yah, me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Snoop is not the quickest off the mark in fairness, as can be seen from the For Sale board. Don't slag him off - I can't think of a more deserving candidate to "recieve" an X800...*
    snoopdog wrote:
    i didnt read all the post sorry
    Didn't intend any offence snoop, if you were I am sorry.

• Advertisement

duridian wrote:
    Didn't intend any offence snoop, if you were I am sorry.
    no bother

Advertisement